Sky News makes mountains out of molehills!

As far as I know they aren't a terrorist supporter group, they're a hacker group. If they were a terrorist group they wouldn't have publicised their results, they'd just be using it to target informants. Better hope they're not a hacker group with UK based defamation lawyers (when they get caught & are no longer anonymous, of course) as you've just published malicious lies against them! Then you go on to criticise Sky for being daft, it's reasonable, fair & balanced compared to your take on it.

It is a very serious breach of security, why do you want to downplay it? It wasn't that hard to hack, the hacker in the sky news report said it was easy, but it really should be harder to hack, otherwise it's not fit for it's purpose as a confidential report a terrorist hotline.

It's not much of a confidential report a terrorist hotline if it's so easy for terrorists (or anybody else) to hack it, record all the calls & find out who grassed is it?

Edited by anywebsite

http://news.sky.com/home/video/16207332

All this terrorist supporter group has done is recorded some calls to a phone line!

According to Sky they have breached the hardest to hack place in the UK! So funny and Sky sound so daft!

You sound like a spin doctor working for the police. The group recorded MI6 agents talking among themselves. That's highly embarrassing for the security services.

As far as I know they aren't a terrorist supporter group, they're a hacker group. If they were a terrorist group they wouldn't have publicised their results, they'd just be using it to target informants. Better hope they're not a hacker group with UK based defamation lawyers (when they get caught & are no longer anonymous, of course) as you've just published malicious lies against them! Then you go on to criticise Sky for being daft, it's reasonable, fair & balanced compared to your take on it.

It is a very serious breach of security, why do you want to downplay it? It wasn't that hard to hack, the hacker in the sky news report said it was easy, but it really should be harder to hack, otherwise it's not fit for it's purpose as a confidential report a terrorist hotline.

It's not much of a confidential report a terrorist hotline if it's so easy for terrorists (or anybody else) to hack it, record all the calls & find out who grassed is it?

Hard to "hack", all they did was ring up the public telephone line a lot of times, similar to a DDoS but on the phone!

The internal recording is the same as the others, probably someone didn't hang up and they heard other stuff in the bg.

Also the video of the "hackers" talking (see Sky News), they say they are doing it against MI6, FBI, CIA, they don't even know who these organisations are! They said the anti-terrorism hotline was part of MI6, it'd be MI5 if that was the case, but it's not! (as explained by Sky!)

My bold, this isn't a breach!

You sound like a spin doctor working for the police.

Are you one of those who hates the Police, until you want and need them!

The group recorded MI6 agents talking among themselves. That's highly embarrassing for the security services.

See post above...

Are you one of those who hates the Police, until you want and need them!

No. I hate them even when I need them.

Actually that's not true. Your post does read like a damage-limitation exercise on behalf of the police. The tape-recording is being described by that anti-police anarchist den of Leninist revolutionary fervour, the Telegraph, as a likely "major embarrassment of the security services".

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9200184/Police-anti-terror-hotline-hacked-and-conversations-leaked-online.html.

I was just agreeing with my friends at the Telegraph.

Hard to "hack", all they did was ring up the public telephone line a lot of times, similar to a DDoS but on the phone!

The internal recording is the same as the others, probably someone didn't hang up and they heard other stuff in the bg.

Also the video of the "hackers" talking (see Sky News), they say they are doing it against MI6, FBI, CIA, they don't even know who these organisations are! They said the anti-terrorism hotline was part of MI6, it'd be MI5 if that was the case, but it's not! (as explained by Sky!)

My bold, this isn't a breach!

They didn't just ring it up a lot of times, they also breached it's security.

Sky have updated the video with more information, it was in fact a breach, a simple & embarrassing one at that, they recorded private conversations by hacking their outdated phone system. An old, publicly known hack with a fix that was never applied makes it easy for any bored teenager or semi-competent terrorist to record conversations. They don't even need to know who they're hacking, just the number.

More info in The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/team-poison-hackers-claim-to-have-recorded-antiterrorist-hotline-calls-7640090.html

Edited by anywebsite

No. I hate them even when I need them.

Actually that's not true. Your post does read like a damage-limitation exercise on behalf of the police. The tape-recording is being described by that anti-police anarchist den of Leninist revolutionary fervour, the Telegraph, as a likely "major embarrassment of the security services".

See http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9200184/Police-anti-terror-hotline-hacked-and-conversations-leaked-online.html.

I was just agreeing with my friends at the Telegraph.

LOL, you sound like Sky, biased!

They didn't just ring it up a lot of times, they also breached it's security.

Sky have updated the video with more information, it was in fact a breach, a simple & embarrassing one at that, they recorded private conversations by hacking their outdated phone system. An old, publicly known hack with a fix that was never applied makes it easy for any bored teenager or semi-competent terrorist to record conversations. They don't even need to know who they're hacking, just the number.

More info in The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/team-poison-hackers-claim-to-have-recorded-antiterrorist-hotline-calls-7640090.html

That article still only mentions "claims" for anything other than just recording their own calls!