Woodworking groups in Sheffield?

unclejim

Hello all,

I've just moved back to Sheff after being down south for a while. I'm a cabinet maker by training but am looking to expand my range - does anyone know of any woodworking groups in Sheff? Turners, carvers, bodgers, anything really!

Also, I'm interested in renting workshop/bench space if anyone knows of anything available.

Many thanks,

Jim

Hi. Don't know of any in Sheffield but I know of a group that has recently been featured in the Worksop Guardian. It's a turning and carving group and you can contact the chairman Keith on a Doncaster number 01302 832343 and he will fill you in on the details. I know someone else who has just got in touch with them and thoroughly enjoying himself now. Give them a try.

Hi - there is a Sheffield woodturners group and lots of wood related carfts people based at Ecclesall sawmill site. Also there is the 'working woodlands trust' who have a website. David's work at Hagglers corner is fantastic so well worth a visit and a chat!

Does anybody do courses for beginners?

I used to thoroughly enjoy woodwork at school, and always came at or near the top of the class, but in more recent years I've been limited to bog standard DIY really

Hi Jim,

Welcome home, sounds like we need to meet up here is our website http://www.hagglerscorner.co.uk

i am a cabinet maker with a workshop and space to rent

Cheers Dave

Had a look round your website and the place looks really interesting

If the light room studio is available for hire or other events, there really should be some indication of its size or capacity on the website ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived