Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

I lived in Handsworth in those days and, yes Mrs/Miss Fairest did live in that area. Sometimes I would see her getting on the bus which I had got on the stop before. Thankfully, I always managed to keep out of her way.

Looking at your photos, I was in your year at Owler Lane Intermediate. I was June Warrender, a quiet little mouse of a girl and still am. I lived on the Manor up to getting married, and now just live at Swallownest. Not well travelled like you lot. If you hear of any Sheffield reunion, could you let me know as I, and one or two others, would like to get there. June

Looking at your photos, I was in your year at Owler Lane Intermediate. I was June Warrender, a quiet little mouse of a girl and still am. I lived on the Manor up to getting married, and now just live at Swallownest. Not well travelled like you lot. If you hear of any Sheffield reunion, could you let me know as I, and one or two others, would like to get there. June

Hi June, thanks for getting in touch. Which class were you in? You must remember some of the other girls (& boys!). I don't know about well travelled - at least I'm still in the UK. Norfolk isn't that far away - I was in Wortley only yesterday!

:):):)

Sorry for the delay - I've been away in Lincolnshire for a couple of days. As far as I know at present 5th October should be fine so keep in touch.

l usually get to the nelson about 3 30 4 00, will it be a rolled up copy of the daily mirror or a carnation worn in the lapel? .l dont know about you richard but l look at a photo of me when l was 18 and l dont even recognise myself so it is going to a bit of a task for any body else!

:):):)

l usually get to the nelson about 3 30 4 00, will it be a rolled up copy of the daily mirror or a carnation worn in the lapel? .l dont know about you richard but l look at a photo of me when l was 18 and l dont even recognise myself so it is going to a bit of a task for any body else!

I've uploaded a photo - sorry avatar. It's not that clear but hopefully you might be able to recognise me....

sorry for not being around for a few days but some bad news came from a friend in spain ,He has already had bowel problems and he had some more tests and they have found two more tumors so what with that news l have been a bit sidetracked but l will be getting back on a bit later cheers

sorry for not being around for a few days but some bad news came from a friend in spain ,He has already had bowel problems and he had some more tests and they have found two more tumors so what with that news l have been a bit sidetracked but l will be getting back on a bit later cheers

Sorry to hear that Derek - hope things improve for you and him. No worries re not being around.

cheers for the response richard , l have known my spanish friend for 30 years but lost contact with him until recently when he popped up on facebook ,just shows the power of the web. l can only hope that they have caught him in time for some succesful treatment. back on tomorrow taking the wife to a really pleasant spot tonight,l dont know if you might have heard of the Dales country park richard? its at upper sheringham and is quite nice seeyou later.

cheers for the response richard , l have known my spanish friend for 30 years but lost contact with him until recently when he popped up on facebook ,just shows the power of the web. l can only hope that they have caught him in time for some succesful treatment. back on tomorrow taking the wife to a really pleasant spot tonight,l dont know if you might have heard of the Dales country park richard? its at upper sheringham and is quite nice seeyou later.

Haven't heard of it Derek. North Norfolk is a bit of a trek for us and there are so many places to go in Norfolk and Sufolk. Hope you have a good time and your wife enjoys it. From my knowledge & expreience of Spain, their medical services are pretty good so hopefully your pal will get the best treatment possible.

well what a few days of absolutely fantastic weather, and more to come.went to blakeney and then on to wells next the sea today just for a run out and a couple of pints and some lunch in the ark royal tavern at wells, it makes our old school seem to be even more of a dark distant past. never mind the thing on my mind at the moment is what do we do tomorrow?well richard it will soon be wednesday at the nelson and l am really looking forward to the meeting , will you be bringing the wife ? l will be with mine so l think it will be drinks and food before the train back home cheers back on later

Hi Geoff, Yes we're still talking about Owler Lane Intermediate. I suspect that Derek and I were a few years ahead of you in the school and maybe some of the peolpe we remember had left by te time you arrived. I left in July 1961.

Hi Richard. What was your surname at school? I feel sure you must have been in the same year as me. I was June Warrender and Mrs Needham was also my first teacher at Owler Lane. Mr Helliwell was my last, when I went into the Commercial courses. Also, have I read somewhere that there is a meet shortly, as I would love to get there.

Hi Richard. What was your surname at school? I feel sure you must have been in the same year as me. I was June Warrender and Mrs Needham was also my first teacher at Owler Lane. Mr Helliwell was my last, when I went into the Commercial courses. Also, have I read somewhere that there is a meet shortly, as I would love to get there.

Hi June, my name is Jenner. We must have been in the same class and you should be in the photo I posted when Miss Needham was our teacher. I know nothing about a reunion but would be happy to come along if there were one.

well what a few days of absolutely fantastic weather, and more to come.went to blakeney and then on to wells next the sea today just for a run out and a couple of pints and some lunch in the ark royal tavern at wells, it makes our old school seem to be even more of a dark distant past. never mind the thing on my mind at the moment is what do we do tomorrow?well richard it will soon be wednesday at the nelson and l am really looking forward to the meeting , will you be bringing the wife ? l will be with mine so l think it will be drinks and food before the train back home cheers back on later

Hi Derek, thanks for the private message. I have replied to your personal e mail address but not sure if it got through. Just wanted to make sure it did and that you know I can't now meet with you tomorrow as previously planned. Cheers for now.