Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Form Captain!

Yes i am who you think i am and we have already been in touch earlier.

You told me about Shirley Jessop loosing her husband, round about a year last christmas.

Regards Southfork.

Ps, nice to know that you are still around.

Parsleydiva, are you Shirley`s sister!

Southfork.

Southfork.

I still cannot find any info about re unions in Ridgeway, the pub does not accept e-mails so I am at a loss, ca you supply anymore info assuming all your problems have been resolved to the good.

Southfork.

Yes I am Shirley's sister

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I lived on the Manor and travelled to school on the tram with Elaine Jessop and Shirley Jessop, although they were older than me. I was born in 1944, and I have a brother who also went to Owler Lane. He was born in 1941. and his name was Brian. Also travelling via the tram to Staniforth Road bottom, and then changing for Owler Lane were Ann Bramall and Margaret Thorpe, Carol Davy and Pauline someone who had a Pork butchers at the bottom of Staniforth Road.Cheers, June

Pauline's surname was Travis

We're having a get together at the Phoenix Club,Bawtry Lane next Tuesday Aug 9th. about 8:pm.Hope you can make it.

Hello.......this is Steve Radford from California..........wish I could have made it to Sheffield.........have a great time and drink a pint for me.......all the best to you all. Steve.

Hi June,

Sorry not got back to you before, but not been on the site for a while. Yes, I do remember you, I was in the school choir too. Like you I only did it to get out of lessons. I can still remember pythagorus theorum, how sad is that? I don't remember that blonde biology teachers name, but she was rubbish, had no control over us at all. I remember her trying, in vain, to shut us up and she ran off to the staff room crying. She left soon after that, poor thing.

Are you still in Sheffield, or have you moved away like Val. I moved around for a while but am back in Sheffield now.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon - Joan

:) well its taken me two nights to acceessthe site it is now 9 15 pm and I am about to have a glass of wine so a quick message until tomorrow night I WENT TO OWLER LANE INTERMEDIATE WEST after passing my 11 plus in 1956 I left in the summer of 1960 and I will be back online tomorrow meet you all then bye for now:)

:) well its taken me two nights to acceessthe site it is now 9 15 pm and I am about to have a glass of wine so a quick message until tomorrow night I WENT TO OWLER LANE INTERMEDIATE WEST after passing my 11 plus in 1956 I left in the summer of 1960 and I will be back online tomorrow meet you all then bye for now:)

I have had the glass of wine and agood nights sleep so here we go with some info:hihi: I was born on shiregreen then moved for a short while to colley road, then back to molineaux road ,shiregreen, where I went to hartley brook infants and juniors passed my 11 plus and went to owler lane west intermediate .the more I write and think about years gone by the more the old memory seems to be kicking in .I remember Lionel clark , we were both at hartley brook and went to owler lane in the same year.some of the teachers I remember are mr moss geography,mr priest chemistry mr lupton sports mrs needham history and french, mr glasby music mr furniss english a teacher I will never forget,every time my homework was handed in , marked and returned I knew I was going to get the cane for bad writing.I think on reflection Iwanted to be doing other things and rushed the homework.any way cannot wait to have a catch up to see if the old memory gets a further kickstart hope to hear from some one soon derek

I remember all those teachers Derek. I think I was in the year above you. One of the lads in my year, Kenneth Leek, was expelled for chasing Mr. Clark, our geography teacher round the yard. It was so funny, but Leek should not have been expelled, Mr Clark was vile to him, every lesson he made him stand behind the blackboard. There were 2 Mr. Mosses, the other one taught French.