Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

:loopy:I remember mr clark , instead of acane or slipper he had a length of rubber gas tube from mr priests lab.I seem to remember one case of one lad getting his wrist dislocated by the said piece of rubber pipe.it would seem like we are talking about a concentration camp istead fo a school that holds so many memories ,once they have been jogged .Great to have the jogging started more later:loopy::)

Hi June,

Sorry not got back to you before, but not been on the site for a while. Yes, I do remember you, I was in the school choir too. Like you I only did it to get out of lessons. I can still remember pythagorus theorum, how sad is that? I don't remember that blonde biology teachers name, but she was rubbish, had no control over us at all. I remember her trying, in vain, to shut us up and she ran off to the staff room crying. She left soon after that, poor thing.

Are you still in Sheffield, or have you moved away like Val. I moved around for a while but am back in Sheffield now.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon - Joan

Always lived in Sheffield(well Swallownest) obviously not very adventurous and neither are my children. We all live within about 100 yards of one another. It's very handy for them as we are willing babysitters.Would love to get to one of the get togethers but it always seems to happen on one of my working nights. If they have one when it is possible, we could meet up and go together. June

Yes, should have been uppercase! :)

Hi Cornish Rose. I have had an internet problem and am now Taramisu. Don;t know if it makes any difference but would hate to miss any messages.June

Hi Cornish Rose. I have had an internet problem and am now Taramisu. Don;t know if it makes any difference but would hate to miss any messages.June

Hi Taramisu. OK. Don't think you've missed any ! CR

That sounds good June, I wouldn't mind going either. I'm free most nights so let me know if you're free for the next one and I'd love to go with you. Pity Val lives so far away. Bet we all look so different now, might be a shock!!!! or a laugh, hopefully.

We're having a get together at the Phoenix Club,Bawtry Lane next Tuesday Aug 9th. about 8:pm.Hope you can make it.

Hi there. Thanks for the invitation and I´d love to come along. Unfortunately my wife and I are on holiday in Menorca and not back till 16th August. Hope you all have a good time. Cheers.

My Name Is Lionel Clarke And I Joined Owler Lane From Hartley Brook Junior School In 1955.i Can Remember Most Of The Teachers Names With Fond Memories.can Anyone Remember Mr.o'donnell Who Used To Play For Sheffield Wednesday.also There Was An Emily Lettuce Loocock Who Took Art Next Door To Mr.harrison In The Prefabs.mr.glasby Always Used To Tell You To Sing With Your Chin On Your Chest,whilst Denis Priest Had The Doors On His Austin 7 Held Shut By Having A Piece Of String Across His Chest From Door Handle To Door Handle. Happy Days

hi lionel I can certainly remember you.Ialso went to hartley brook and passed my 11 plus and went to owler lane .we also were friends and playmates for a while . I lived on molineaux road right across from the junior schhool gates.my name is derek lawson , I don,t know if you remember me?.I remember mr harrison he took me for commerce and bookkeeping,do you remember mr furniss he took me for english lit,some of my form teachers th at I can think of were,mr moss mr board .mr priest took us for chemistry .L was there from 56 to 6o, and have such memories,anyway Ihope you are well as we are now 51 years further down the line maybe we could have more detailed contact after you see this cheers lionel hope to hear from you soon derek:)

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY TO PARSLEY DIVA

Hope you have a great day with your family :partyhat:

whats happening on the site? is every one on holiday?

Hi Derek, I haven't been on for a while and have just seen your earlier messages. It seems your time at Owler Lane coincided exactly with mine. I remember all the teachers you mention and some more. I've got photos of all 5 classes I was in at the school together with some of the teachers. I'll try to put them on the site somehow. Guess the best way would be to put them on facebook and then provide the link.

I can put names to lots of the kids in the photos (more the boys than the girls) but I don't remember you - maybe we were in different classes?

Hi Derek, I haven't been on for a while and have just seen your earlier messages. It seems your time at Owler Lane coincided exactly with mine. I remember all the teachers you mention and some more. I've got photos of all 5 classes I was in at the school together with some of the teachers. I'll try to put them on the site somehow. Guess the best way would be to put them on facebook and then provide the link.

I can put names to lots of the kids in the photos (more the boys than the girls) but I don't remember you - maybe we were in different classes?

Ref the above, my photos are now available on my Facebook page. The link is as follows:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1943272305865.2096553.1364195887&l=91436ee436&type=1

Ref the above, my photos are now available on my Facebook page. The link is as follows:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1943272305865.2096553.1364195887&l=91436ee436&type=1

:roll::roll:hi richard,l posted a message last night but it seems to have got lost in the atmos. l dont seem to recognise any one in the photos but it is a long time ago,l see you have landed in norfolk as me and my family have,keep up the contact as it does seem to jog the oldd memory box.