Problem with terrible floor company please help

Please read my new update. It is getting ridiculous

Had a wood floor fitted by a floor company in sheffield which I am not allowed to name on this forum. (I would advise you to get recommendations before you buy a floor. It cost 2000 and it buckled. The boards have cupped and warped the wood edge bits too. The company had said they will trim round the edge of the floor and this will fix it. I wasn't happy because we were previously told the boards were damaged and would not go back to normal. The manager refuses to answer even mails and never phones back. What should I do?

Please see addition at bottom

Edited by emma.cook3
Addition

Get in touch with Trading Standards. They will be glad to hear his name.

Instead of hiding behind emails, visit the buggers ;)

hi get them to replace it . the wood will never repair itself. they not left expansion gaps or the wood not seasoned . sorry to hear about this ta jeff

Hi

I agree with Jsmith2009

Cutting a new expansion won't fix it. If it's lifted then the secret nails may have worked loose at the point where the floor reached it's highest. As for the cupping it could take months for the floor to settle and then it will still need sanding and re sealing which is a horrible dusty job. Much simpler to start over again. I would not accept the companies offer to simply just cut a new expansion gap. Sorry to hear the troubles you've had and hope the company sorts it all out correctly for you.

Edited by R.B Flooring
spulling mistake :)

They sent me a letter saying they are only doing this as a favor because my fitter won't come back and fix it. My fitter was actually provided by the floor company. It was another branch which has since closed but they are part of the same company. What rights do I have?

The floor is pretreated. Will the boards still be damaged if they cut around the floor? Or will they straighten themselves. There are only 2 or 3 places they came right up in an arch, the rest of the boards are slightly u shaped.

This is 15 months later and I am sick of it. Wish we had gone for carpet.

hi i take it to a small claims court with that kind of letter . real oak fitted right look great sorry to hear about your poor floor ta jeff

Thanks I have contacted citizens advice to see what rights I have. It's terrible that people can run an established business in this climate and still treat customers like that.

My Hubby has worked with wood for almost 30 years and trust me when I say if its bent, cupped dished or whatever the damage is done it won't go flat even if you sit an elephant on it for a year. Talk to your local citizens advice they will have options for you, photograph the floor and take it into the shop make sure you have copies of all e-mails sent and received as these are the same as letters give them a time scale to return your hard earnt cash and then take it to the small claims court if they fail to sort it by the date stated.

Sorry to go on but there is a development which left me more confused. Citizens advice said get a couple of quotes from other companies so I had someone round today who said that I should let the original company fix it. I asked about the cupping. And he agreed that the floor would still have damage but it was not worth going to small claims. I am so annoyed - why would anyone pay over 1000 for a floor then just accept that it is damaged and ugly and just walk away.

I love natural wood and want my lovely floor.

Anyone who can help - if you have been through the same thing

Emma

It is worth going to the small claims court if they won't replace the shoddy floor don't let them get away with ripping you off. My brother has an oak floor (he fitted it himself) and it looks fantastic. I would definitely push them go an a saturday afternoon when there are bound to be people in the shop and make a complaint in person take photos with you and don't back off till you get a satisfactory answer.

It is worth going to the small claims court if they won't replace the shoddy floor don't let them get away with ripping you off. My brother has an oak floor (he fitted it himself) and it looks fantastic. I would definitely push them go an a saturday afternoon when there are bound to be people in the shop and make a complaint in person take photos with you and don't back off till you get a satisfactory answer.

hi i totally agree . more pressure the better . just keep going in to they give you want you want . good luck ta jeff