Bond inspection

hi could anyone give me advise,we have been a property for 18 months and after our landlord telled us to decorate to our own taste and the agent on last three month inspection said the landlord had no intention of selling,we have just had a call from agent saying we have two months to move out.that is not an issue ,its that we have made improvements on this home to our mistake and when we do end of tenancy inspection i am wondering what issues other people have had as we are going to struggle for another bond until we get our bond back from this property.Also we started tenancy with mike jolly and now its with blundells,put pay our rent to countrywide who have bought several agents in this area,very complicated.also if your not bored already can you give me advise on viewing another property like should i take photos etc.this really important to my family and any info would be greatful,thankyou

A bond has to be returned within 1 month of the end of the tenancy, But it shouldn`t take that long. Speak to the agent and express your concerns. It maybe possible to get another property with the same agent, which could cut down on the hassle. Also you would be better renting something that is already in good decorative order. You shouldn`t feel the need to decorate. At this point in the property market more rented houses will be put on the market. You don`t want lightening to strike twice!

A few points for you to think about-

- the notice from the agent needs to be in writing

- the two months has to be from a rent date i.e if you pay your rent on 10th of each month then you cannot be asked to move out before 9th June

- the decorations should have been done to a reasonable standard and in relatively neutral colours or deductions may be made from your deposit (bond). I have seen walls or ceilings painted black, pink, deep red etc with paint splashes on carpets & furniture

- the change of agents makes no difference - your tenancy agreement is with the landlord, not the agent.

- it is unlikely that the deposit will be returned until you have vacated the property and removed all your belongings

- I assume your deposit was protected in one of the statutory schemes when the tenancy started - your agreement will give you details

- sorry I can't give you advice on other properties to rent as I don't work locally

Hope this helps a little. J

A few points for you to think about-

- the notice from the agent needs to be in writing

- the two months has to be from a rent date i.e if you pay your rent on 10th of each month then you cannot be asked to move out before 9th June

- the decorations should have been done to a reasonable standard and in relatively neutral colours or deductions may be made from your deposit (bond). I have seen walls or ceilings painted black, pink, deep red etc with paint splashes on carpets & furniture

- the change of agents makes no difference - your tenancy agreement is with the landlord, not the agent.

- it is unlikely that the deposit will be returned until you have vacated the property and removed all your belongings

- I assume your deposit was protected in one of the statutory schemes when the tenancy started - your agreement will give you details

- sorry I can't give you advice on other properties to rent as I don't work locally

Hope this helps a little. J

Yes, but the Notice (usually under s.21 of the Housing Act 1988 ):

a. must be from the landlord [L], not L's Agent;

b. must be in a specific form, to comply with the Act's requirements; and

c. can be served on any day, provided that the date on which L seeks possession complies too.

Yes, but the Notice (usually under s.21 of the Housing Act 1988 ):

a. must be from the landlord [L], not L's Agent;

b. must be in a specific form, to comply with the Act's requirements; and

c. can be served on any day, provided that the date on which L seeks possession complies too.

I agree although the landlord's agent can sign and serve the notice on his behalf.