Litter pick Idea.

It's frustrating and makes me very angry when I see litter around when I'm out and about taking photos (see my signature:)). I quite often have to spend a few minutes clearing rubbish from the scene that I'm photographing.

what about a medium-sized hoover on a stick

(chargeable of course)

Sort of related to this, at least with regards efficiency of people working in groups.

I go to a circuit training class, and after the class we're asked to take one item of equiptment and stack it outside the class. Mostly, it's exercise mats. After the class, about half the people grab a mat (there is only 1 mat for every 2 people), and they all make their way out of the hall through a very narrow opening, store the mat, then some come back in to the hall, grab their bags and then leave again.

At the same time, other people are wanting to get out or in to the hall.

The entrance to the hall, is a very narrow gap in a wall, that you'd stuggle to get 2 people through at a time (plus, remember people are carrying bags and equiptment).

I can see very clearly, there is a bottleneck, and the whole exercise is very inefficient.

It would be far better, if everyone just stacked the mats in to a temporary pile, inside the hall. Then, once things have settled down, and the entrance to the hall isn't so busy; one person could carry the entire stack of mats, and store them outside the hall.

I often see inefficiency like this; the problem is, getting other people to take notice, and adopt a more efficient way of doing things.

Waldo I think sometimes common sense is the more boring option and people seem to thrive on making things difficult for themselves, at least you have highlighted the problem and thought through a solution, getting people to implement it is another matter.

Well done for not being a drone and having a brain ;)

what about a medium-sized hoover on a stick

(chargeable of course)

They have those blowers for leafs but litter unless your cleaning up plastic only you are going to struggle. The first tin can you come up against and you have had it.

I got really annoyed by Veola binmen dropping litter during bin collection days and then not picking up the mess they make I started a voluntary 'one man' litter picking service in the area where I live. My work has caught on well and now two more people join me regular picking up litter.

We're now looking for ways we can make our service commercial. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

How about people who drop litter tell us why they do it? Statistically, there must be some on here who are the litter droppers so, why do you do it?

The ones I despise are those who 'hide' their litter by stuffing it into drains or hedges. If you're going to litter just leave it on the ground where it's easier to pick up and be proud, declare yourselves on here.

More fly-tipping, but Yorkshire Water was on the radio earlier this week saying Sheffield is a hotspot for people blocking drains with nappies, waste oils down drains etc. But they also said there was a problem with people lifting inspection covers and dropping rubbish down them. The examples he quoted were a computer and a chair.