Did you attend Herries, Shirecliffe Secondary or Parkwood School?

SP2012

Open Day: Saturday March 3rd, 10am - 2pm.

Very shortly the school building will be demolished and closing its doors for the very last time. Please come along for a trip down memory lane. Tours will take place on the hour and half hour. Please bring along any memorabilia, especially photos. Chance to meet up with old school friends and teachers. Please tell your friends and family. For more info call on 0114 2313601.

Open Day: Saturday March 3rd, 10am - 2pm.

Very shortly the school building will be demolished and closing its doors for the very last time. Please come along for a trip down memory lane. Tours will take place on the hour and half hour. Please bring along any memorabilia, especially photos. Chance to meet up with old school friends and teachers. Please tell your friends and family. For more info call on 0114 2313601.

Sad to here this I went there from 53 to 57 and made some good mates some of which I am still in touch with so we at least will be there.

Sad to here this I went there from 53 to 57 and made some good mates some of which I am still in touch with so we at least will be there.

Me too, 55 to 58, it was a great school when I went there, and had everything on site that other schools didn't, Metal and Woodwork rooms, Gym and sporting fields, etc, etc.

It was well before it's time as far as other schools went, as the majority only had a bitumen playground to do sport in, and the pupils had to go elsewhere to do metal and woodwork classes.

Great Memories.

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to everyone who organized and took part in this event,I think its safe to say that everybody who was there had a great day.Many memories were shared some good some not so all in all it made a lot of people happy and sad at the same time,we are now losing a bit more of our young past lives but time goes on,todays future is tomorows past.I wish the new school well,the old one didn't do me any harm even though at times it was hard going.

Hi,

Due to popular demand we are offering 2 more oppertunities to come and have a look around. These will be on Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th March, between 4-6pm. This is by appointment only. If you are interested please ring Paul Howard on 0114 2310221 or Sue Powell on 0114 2313601. Thank You.

• 1 year later...

Hi:my name is ian molyneux I attended shirecliffe from 1964 to 1966

---------- Post added 27-07-2013 at 14:32 ----------

Hi my name is ian molyneux I attended shirecliffe high school from 1964 to 1966 when my family emigrated to Australia. My teacher in 2nd year was mr Richardson and in 3rd year alf Thomas teachers I remember headmaster Eric Robinson woodwork mr staley music mr shaw history mr hurst also alf and bill Thomas mr sided all and aggie. I was the goalkeeper for the school football team for 2 nd and 3rd year. Students I remember Stuart grafton,Harry graham,chris houghton, Barry Sefton, Kevin bartholomew,Ann barker, Christine raffo and Mary Hanson.just wondering if anyone remembers me. My email address is ianmolyneux51 @ gmail.com

Archived