Problem with car, need advice please

I have an issue with my car which has been ongoing for months namely when I'm driving it and turn the steering wheel to the right then is a 'klunk' sort of sound coming from the underneath of the front of the car. At first I thought it was a shocker but it wasn't. The ball joint appears to be ok.

It is a rather old car however it has been very reliable over the years and i'm not in a position to be able to afford either a newer car or afford massive repair bills.

Could anyone enlighten me with what it could possibly be, track rod end, anti roll bar brush etc.... any assistance would be greatly appreciated

I have an issue with my car which has been ongoing for months namely when I'm driving it and turn the steering wheel to the right then is a 'klunk' sort of sound coming from the underneath of the front of the car. At first I thought it was a shocker but it wasn't. The ball joint appears to be ok.

It is a rather old car however it has been very reliable over the years and i'm not in a position to be able to afford either a newer car or afford massive repair bills.

Could anyone enlighten me with what it could possibly be, track rod end, anti roll bar brush etc.... any assistance would be greatly appreciated

inner rear wishbone bush if its a ford/vauxhall type suspension system.

Oops sorry its a Vauxhall, I forgot that bit

Oops sorry its a Vauxhall, I forgot that bit

jack it so the suspension is free to drop down check with wheel off.

I will have a look at that, I think when I looked although the wishbone arm was replaced last year the rear bush does look a little loose and does move slightly.

Thats very helpful, any idea how much they cost to replace ??

Thank you

check anti roll bar drop link if your anywhere near s14 pm me and i can take a look at it for.

cheap after market wish bones only tend to last around a year, your better of buying one from a quality supplier

what about the cv joint ?

check anti roll bar drop link if your anywhere near s14 pm me and i can take a look at it for.

cheap after market wish bones only tend to last around a year, your better of buying one from a quality supplier

i had one supplied by simf fail after two days the bush came loose and the wishbone was hitting the chassis leg.

Thanks everyone for your help, it was the rear wishbone bushes in the end

I've actually realised this as I had both replaced last year and promptly thought no it can't be those again but alas it was and now the bushes had gone (rear) on both sides. Greatfully appreciate the assistance with it, though coming away from the garage something 'went' on the drivers side again so I'm far from happy...:suspect:

I've actually realised this as I had both replaced last year and promptly thought no it can't be those again but alas it was and now the bushes had gone (rear) on both sides. Greatfully appreciate the assistance with it, though coming away from the garage something 'went' on the drivers side again so I'm far from happy...:suspect:

Try Ian Kelly - Halifax road, he won't do shoddy job, cheap is not always economical. Tel 0114 285 2480 or 07976 265 034

Thank you everyone for your advice.

it turned out to be the rod and bolt that attaches the arm to the chassis which had basically snapped and the rod was in effect vibrating which would've been interesting had it either broken or come out whilst driving.... now replaced it works fine.

Thanks again, much appreciated