Car Boot Megathread - 2012 - Please see first post

surfinjim

i went couldn't make it till late due to work an got there about 11.45 by which time just about everyone had packed up and gone and the few that hadn't were just in the middle of doing it , rubbish considering it was supposed to finish at 1.00 . It would be good if we could continue to have a car boot sale in sheffield at this time of year on hard standing say here or the one that was in town , i think they would do well now there is no competition

i went couldn't make it till late due to work an got there about 11.45 by which time just about everyone had packed up and gone and the few that hadn't were just in the middle of doing it , rubbish considering it was supposed to finish at 1.00 . It would be good if we could continue to have a car boot sale in sheffield at this time of year on hard standing say here or the one that was in town , i think they would do well now there is no competition

There was one in the city centre - Wellington Street. It was hard standing, big car park, plenty of parking for everyone and the organisers wanted to run it all year round. But unfortunately no one went!!!!! Although people have moaned about having a city centre car boot sale for years, as soon as one opens nobody is interested. The last one they held only approx. 30 cars turned up, despite it being good weather and other car boot sales not being held that day. They could not continue running it at a loss so decided to close. What a pity!:confused:

How about trying it now , now that is no competition at all and people are looking for one to go to ?

Don't think they can do that. It was a pity people were not as enthusiastic as you are about this particular car boot - it probably would have continued. But because of the very poor support, they had to draw a line somewhere and call it a day.:(

hi can anybody let me know when the next car boot is on at tesco please?

and is it true that they start in at 4 in the afternoon?

not sure when the next 1 is, but don't think there's any more until next year.

Don't start at 4 in the afternoon, more like 6am in the morning