Counselling courses in Sheffield

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any counselling courses in sheffield that I would be able to do part time? I work full time at the moment and working toward my business and administration level 2 and hoping to progress onto my level 3 but my ambition is to become a counselor, I don't want to give up my job and qualification so should I just wait or is there any chance of doing at night or weekend??

Thanks

Stacey

I did a part time counselling course run by Derby Uni based at Buxton College. Used to go every Tuesday night. Was really good and the tutors are excellent. It does take quite a bit of work outside of college hours so you may find it easier to do when you have a bit more spare time. If you want any more info pm me - I loved the course and am still aiming to carry on and do more when finances allow.

There is one at Castle college and perhaps others, why not give them a call?

Hi,

Thats sounds like a really good course and if it's in the evening I could go straight after work and it means I still have my weekend's free to do the work, I dont mind working after hours and on the weekend, how much did it cost you and would it be possible to pay weekly?? how would I go about PM you, sorry I am new :)

Thanks

Stacey

I had a look on the castle college website and I couldn't find anything but I may have not been looking at the right thing, I think I will give them a call and ask what is needed :)

Thanks

Stacey

I did a part time counselling course run by Derby Uni based at Buxton College. Used to go every Tuesday night. Was really good and the tutors are excellent. It does take quite a bit of work outside of college hours so you may find it easier to do when you have a bit more spare time. If you want any more info pm me - I loved the course and am still aiming to carry on and do more when finances allow.

There is one at Castle college and perhaps others, why not give them a call?

I just found out how to do this :) so thank you for your replys and I have also replyed

I had a look on the castle college website and I couldn't find anything but I may have not been looking at the right thing, I think I will give them a call and ask what is needed :)

Thanks

Stacey

Hi, I don't know how much the course is now I went on it a few years ago, I'm not sure when it is either best to ring, there are usually courses at other colleges too.

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I will give them a ring in a bit and see what they say,

Many Thanks

Stacey

soulgirl, Thank you for the PM I dont know if I have replyed right but I did try :)

There are courses at The Academy: S.P.A.C.E. in Sheffield City Centre. See their website for contact details. Programme Director, Gail Evans, is author of Counselling Skills for Dummies - see excellent reviews on Amazon and is joined by team of very good tutors. She will spend time with you discussing your particular aspirations and the appropriate training for your needs - entering counselling training can be a minefield and you need the right information if you are thinking of becoming a counsellor/psychotherapist.

Hi smakin

It is worth checking on what qualifications allow you to do. The gold standard is a qualification which will eventually allow you membership of the BACP. But many shorter courses can be a step in that direction. Phoning the BACP and asking their advice might be worth it.

Best of luck with your future career