Lydgate Reservoir Evelyn Rd Planning consultation Evelyn Rd S10

Hi Cyclone

I am not sure if you knew the Hallamshire hotel, but not many people drove to the pub, the ones that did used the car park, which will be built on as part of the development of the site.

I personally am not worried about loosing any parking, but I am concerned about access of services, the current road gets very congested at times. I just hope that as part of the development sufficient parking is planned for residents and visitors. I haven’t expressed an opinion on the development, just answered some of the questions raised by others.

I would like to see the full planning application prior to jumping to a conclusion.

Fair enough.

Part of the requirement to get planning permission these days is to demonstrate that there will be sufficient parking. If the permission has been granted it should mean that every house has at least room to park 2 cars off the road, which leaves space for visitors to park in front of the house itself. But it's a legitimate concern that could be raised.

Some of the comments appear to be NIMBY like with a thin attempt to justify them based on various objections like 'housing isn't needed' and 'it will depress property prices'.

Please Note looks like the planner will be attending the Sheffield Forum meeting

In response to our earlier conversation today, Sarah Smith (Area Planner for South West Forward and Area Planning, Sheffield City Council) has accepted my invitation to share the proposed site development information with the attendees at next Thursday’s Open Meeting.

Local Biodiversity Action Plans, Species Action Plans and Habitat Action Plans should be used as a guide to the relevant priorities for such positive measures at the local level. These may include rehabilitation of degraded habitats or the creation of new habitats within and adjacent to development sites.

Avoid developing sites, and locations within sites, where existing key habitats, important species, buffer areas and other landscape features of major importance for wildlife would:

• suffer direct impact resulting in the reduction or complete loss of: habitat present, the abundance, distribution and/or diversity of species present;

• suffer an indirect impact from nearby development through increased ecological disturbance and stress, thereby reducing the site’s capacity to support the wildlife present;

• suffer a reduction in ecological quality so that the site is no longer able to support the migration, dispersal or genetic exchange of wild species.

• be further fragmented from other similar features by development that causes a ‘barrier’ effect in the landscape between fragments.

There are Bats Owls foxs living on this site somthing elese to be taken into consideration

To claim there is a housing shortage may be true but Sheffield Councils own stats don't back that up.

Unoccupied Commercial (Business Rates/NNDR) properties:

+ March 2011 = 3,038

Unoccupied Non-Commercial (Council Tax):

* March 2011 3,703

Over 900,000 thousand unoccupied homes in the UK.

It's local and national government that need to sort out the housing problem.

An extra 20 isn't going to have a huge impact on those figures. The main people who will benefit if this goes through are the developers and the Council big wigs creaming of what cash they can.

When we talk about need for low coast affordable housing why build round here?

When these houses are built they will be in excess of 250K if 3 bedroom, that's not low cost.

Also when you accuse us of been MIMBIE we have had our fair share of building in our back yard the children's home on Lydgate lane Cross lane was developed in to 32 flats ,6 houses on the site of the Hallamshire pub, plus there is a large plot of land opposite the pub waiting for deployment.

No this is the Council, who can see a large profit in payments from developers in granting this application.

The fact that the houses won't be cheap isn't an argument against allowing them to be built. It looks like it's just desperately searching for a justification to your objection.

Any development of course should include some 'affordable housing' that's generally a condition of planning permission these days for developments.

I'm not sure how 3700 unoccupied properties in all of Sheffield proves that there isn't a shortage.

No-one builds properties that are unaffordable by everyone!

What 'affordable' means, here, is 'subsidised by taxpayers'.

Does it? I thought it meant that large developments had to include some smaller, cheaper housing, possibly in the nature of flats.

I have been to meeting tonight and all that was talked about was what we already know , and out lined how to object as previous post .

But all please go to the drop in as stated below:-

Paper copies are available to view at all Sheffield Library branches, including the Reception, Reference and Information section in the Central Library; at First Points at Howden House in the City Centre, Chapeltown, Crystal Peaks, Hillsborough and Manor Top. The nearest of these venues to Lydgate Reservoir is Broomhill Library. If you are unable to visit one of these facilities and do not have access to the internet, then please contact us and copies will be made available to you.

1.5 You can send us your views by one of three ways:

Online – this allows you to connect your comments with the document and maps and send your views directly to us at http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/sdfconsult

By email: [email protected]

By post, to: SDF Team, Development Services, Sheffield City Council, Howden House, 1 Union Street, Sheffield S1 2SH

1.6 We have organised drop-in sessions where you can come and talk to planning officers face-to-face. They have been arranged where we think they will be most useful. Details about where and when the drop-in sessions are can be found on the website. You can also find out about them or ask any other questions about the consultation by contacting us either by email, post (addresses given above) or by phoning us on 0114 2053075.

The relevant drop-in session for Lydgate Reservoir is: Thursday 2 February, 3 to 8 pm, Stephen Hill Methodist Church, Crosspool (accessed from

Benty Lane or 547 Manchester Road). The Lead Area Planner is Sarah Smith (works part-time Tues, Thurs & Fri - 0114 2734212).

We do not have forms to complete (other than online), but -

1.16 The basic questions for the consultation are:

1. Do you think the site should be used as suggested e.g. for new homes? Why?

2. Are there any relevant local factors that we’ve not taken into account in the reasons for suggesting housing here?

3. If the site were to be allocated for new housing, how would you want to see its impact reduced or its possible benefits guaranteed, (e.g. how should it be laid out or designed or what conditions would you like to see placed on it)?

In addition to these questions we are interested to hear, particularly from developers and landowners:

4. In your view, what further action would be needed to bring about the development of the site, and which other organisations or agencies, if any, would need to be involved?

5. When, if at all, would you expect the site to be marketed/ developed?

Councillor Geoff Smith is going to ask Yorkshire Water Why it is going to be closed

So I will post when I get an answer