Rise @ The Hallamshire (West Street)

If they get rid of the pizzas I am going to have words with the new owners!!!

I really hope they don't get rid of the pizzas, they're ace!

It's new owners, opening in 2 weeks and will be called bloo 88 (bar & cocktail lounge).

What a stupid name and what a stupid concept! Why don't they try calling it "The Hallamshire" and making the concept a "pub"?

What a stupid name and what a stupid concept! Why don't they try calling it "The Hallamshire" and making the concept a "pub"?

I totally agree. Cocktails - oh no. It'll be another place where the staff spend all their time faffing about with them rather than pulling pints and proper drinks.

The Beehive has gone back to the 'pub concept' so maybe the Hallamshire will too when this next incarnation turns out to be garbage.

Let's get some serious moaning done before it even opens!

its opening as a multi-floor venue that is concentrating on food they have kept the old staff on it wont be a music bar as that will be at soho...same owners...just thought id stop you all guessing :)

I really hope they don't get rid of the pizzas, they're ace!

ive allways had free pizzas there :)

I went in on Friday, It looks great a big change from the old decor. The food is still good only downside is they don't have any local or real ales yet.

Wow I work on West Street and was planning on going there today, and hadn't noticed any changes. I will report back on my findings of my meal :) (If still serving 241 pizzas!)

Hope they're still as good as before! Am going to try next week :)

I went to Bloo88 last night for the first time since it's changed hands and it was a rubbish experience.

My sister and I went about 7.30pm for food and it all started well with 2 for £7 on cocktails, which were tasty. We ordered a cheeseburger and a veggie burger (although I was always a fan of the pizzas at Rise, we decided to go for something different last night).

After waiting half an hour for burgers we were asked to move to a smaller table because someone had pre-booked a table for a large group but the table hadn't been reserved. So we were moved to seats that had a filing cabinet for a table!!!

Other people were eating there but the place wasn't massively busy. However, after an hour of waiting and asking twice where our food had got to, the burger and chips that I'd spotted sat on the food counter for 10 minutes was brought out as my veggie burger and my sister's cheeseburger followed. She couldn't eat the cremated burger and my mushroom burger, which came with mozzarella although I'd asked for goats cheese, was tasteless and the chips were burnt. I'm not usually a big complainer but after waiting so long for our food, it was beyond disappointing to receive this so we told the waitress (who was lovely but seemed like she was having a bad evening) and she offered us a full refund, which we took and went elsewhere to eat!!

Needless to say I won't be in a hurry to return.