Wharncliffe Side speed limits

might have expected it...a load of suicidal, maniacle mad-eyes answering the post.....why does everyone have to dash here there and everywhere...

I hope I drive past your mangled bodies in the gutter ..I'll put two fingers up to you all....Ha,Ha,Ha........pass me my medication..

Stupid post that, in my experience it's the ridiculously go slow drivers that cause irritants thus contribute to major accidents as people try and overtake them leading to it.

BTW the Government are wanting in increase the Motorway limit from 70 to 80mph, in Germany on clear stretches and in the dry you can do 200mph if you have a car that will.

It's not the speed, its the driver.

If your having difficulty driving upto the speed limit on major roads, then i'd seriously consider handing your driving license in.

The roads only as dangerous as the person driving the vehicle, and it tends to be those doing 24mph on a 50mph road that cause alot of the accidents, winding up other more competent road users who are stuck behind them and making them take risks in order to make progress, as the highway code states you must do.

Sick of being sat behind these incompetent drivers.

Merry Christmas.

As a competent driver you'll know that the HC places a "must" in front of actions necessitated by law. You'll know then how ridiculous it is to write that it suggests we MUST make progress.

I had occaision to drop off a parcel at Wharncliffe Side and on my journey from Hillsborough I couldn't help thinking that the speed limits along this route are at least 10 mph too high...

The sign for 50mph is immediately followed by a series of dangerous bends... (in my opinion)..and should be around 40 mph in that area. ( again, in my opinion ).

Does anyone know if my fears can be verified ? Is this a high accident spot ?

Maybe it's safer to think of the 50 as a limit but not a target.

Stupid post that, in my experience it's the ridiculously go slow drivers that cause irritants thus contribute to major accidents as people try and overtake them leading to it.

BTW the Government are wanting in increase the Motorway limit from 70 to 80mph, in Germany on clear stretches and in the dry you can do 200mph if you have a car that will.

It's not the speed, its the driver.

And how much clear space ahead of you at this speed do you need to have on these unlimited German m/w's to avoid getting a ticket?

None built up areas, signed when 'unlimited speed' is available.

Pardon, please explain.

Edit: my question was to establish just how much you know about the unlimited m/w's in Germany.

If you were saying that you don't find them in built-up areas that's hardly a revelation or an in-depth insight.

might have expected it...a load of suicidal, maniacle mad-eyes answering the post.....why does everyone have to dash here there and everywhere...

I hope I drive past your mangled bodies in the gutter ..I'll put two fingers up to you all....Ha,Ha,Ha........pass me my medication..

As if your ever going to have the driving ability to manage to take two fingers off the steering wheel at the same time :lol:

Archived