Anyone own a PAT animal?

Stiffmyster

Hi all, I work in a residential care home for people with dementia and one thing I have noticed is that the residents come to life when we have animals around. We currently have someone who comes with a rabbit but after being bitten by it myself I no longer require that particular rabbits services(dont mean to be awful) as I cant take the risk of it happening with a resident. I wondered if anyone on here owns a PAT animal dog/rabbit/etc? You would need to have an up to date CRB and also public liability insurance to visit us. If you own one or know someone who does please get in touch!

Many thanks

Thanks Jennie Wren I couldn't have said it better myself!:)

Thank you :blush:

I've spent many years in care, both in the community and in care homes (and am still doing it). I was hoping to some day have at least one of my animals PAT registered, my kitties are just getting older and calming down and the puppy is only 7 months so a bit feisty at the moment. But I think the benefits of interaction with animals cannot be stressed enough. It can make such a huge difference to people's lives (and the animals get lots of fuss and make lots of friends too!). The whole atmosphere changes as soon an animal enters the premises, it's beautiful to watch.

I have 2 P.A.T dogs. I have been involved with the charity for approx 8yrs. I am an temperament assessor for the dogs too.

It is great seeing your dogs bring pleasure relief and calm to vunerable people.

If you e mail the charity your interest in having a visiting dog they will complete an establishment request form. Then they will try to match a team up with your requirements.

Hope that is of some help. Please pm me if I can be of further help.