Jeremy Kyle- right or wrong?

Alright joking aside.

It's common for people to endure hardships in a marriage for many different reasons. TV shows don't highlight the issues or inject any will to do something about them. How many people do you suppose walk away from the studio with an understanding of what they've seen, not many. They've been entertained. It's a buzz for the audience and a kick for the guests. Society doesn't owe them anything and is aware that these problems exist and go on day after day for families up and down the country. It's down to professional bodies, the government surely to recognise the needs of others and swing into action.

TV has become the single answer to solve everything for too many people with its promise of instant fame and instant fortune. It now offers to solve any and all family crisis.

You only need to look at the audience to wonder why their not on stage.

You're right, its morning coffee titillation for those that have nothing better to do than be titillated by abject misery. I imagine the only therapy it provides is to the viewer, highlighting you or I are not part of that world.

There are people whose lifestyle causes major problems. [...] Are we ok as a society just to ignore the issues and hope they'll never affect us?

One could argue they're being rewarded. Kyle seems highly amused when a guest comes back for their 2nd, 3rd show with new pregnant girlfriend/ex in tow. They're not given cash for being on the show, because they'd spend it on fags and booze. Instead, they are just given fags and booze. :rolleyes:

There is an odd pleasure in watching Jeremy Kyle, maybe even a dark pleasure, and I have joined in with that. I've watched it, I've fed the monster. The basis for that pleasure though is unabashed voyeurism. It's the cultural car crash - when idiots collide. Moralising about giving them 'aftercare' is what offends me.

One could argue they're being rewarded. Kyle seems highly amused when a guest comes back for their 2nd, 3rd show with new pregnant girlfriend/ex in tow. They're not given cash for being on the show, because they'd spend it on fags and booze. Instead, they are just given fags and booze. :rolleyes:

There is an odd pleasure in watching Jeremy Kyle, maybe even a dark pleasure, and I have joined in with that. I've watched it, I've fed the monster. The basis for that pleasure though is unabashed voyeurism. It's the cultural car crash - when idiots collide. Moralising about giving them 'aftercare' is what offends me.

Like it, like it like it. Like it, like it, like it....

New title for the JK show:-

< voice over:- deep voice:->

"JK, - When Idiots collide!"

I know "of" someone who went on his show, He pays you £500 for going on, although the person i know was a pregnant smack head so she got a 3d scan and video of her unborn child, She says ( whether its true or not, as she is a typical drug user and lies about everything) there was no aftercare, He abused her on stage and called her all the usual names, the show ended and so did there involvement, Shes still a drug user but has 2 children now.

I intend to use the show as a deterrant for everything i dont want my daughter to do! :hihi:

I watch JK when I have the time, but most of his guests are scum who are on the show anyway and are usually young chavvy type people who have no respect for themselves or other people? I think when JK speaks to them he is doing right, I think hes brill. I have to admit though, some of the people are not scum and have some respect for human beings and themselves. I think this guy who was on the JK show who snapped his girlfriends spine would be in prison by now and most likely she would be dead or in a wheelchair. I think they also get the worst kind of people on there for the viewing numbers too.

You're kidding of course.

Yep..I have a major problem and I run to GK. Priceless.

Shouldn't that be JK?