Apple i pad recommended?

lordelpus

if anyone finds an app for the adobe flash player please let us know,i think the ipad is usless without it if you want to play games.

Skyfire and Puffin both allow you to use flash content.

But remember - flash games for a PC are not designed to work on touchscreen. They require a keyboard and mouse.

Why not download one of the 250,000 ipad games from the app store??

A LOT of webby sites use flash to host their photo's, video's etc etc. The ipad will access their site, but you will only get writing, no pictures - if you are lucky.

I bought ipad 1 for my missus and regretted it in less than a week, she still has it but does not use it, it has cost me another laptop to replace the damned thing.

All I would say is, they work fine, but are limited. No use for us to be fair.

Regards

Angel.

Most sites will show you either a mobile version of the page (made for tablets and phones), or will show videos in HTML5 format which is ipad compatible.

If you really need to watch a flash video, try the Skyfire browser.

Most sites will show you either a mobile version of the page (made for tablets and phones), or will show videos in HTML5 format which is ipad compatible.

If you really need to watch a flash video, try the Skyfire browser.

Lets be honest sites that make you use a mobile version look naff. In my browser I have changed the settings so it always displays a desktop version and not mobile as the desktop version looks the same as on the PC, where as the mobile versions are lacking.

Lets be honest sites that make you use a mobile version look naff. In my browser I have changed the settings so it always displays a desktop version and not mobile as the desktop version looks the same as on the PC, where as the mobile versions are lacking.

If a mobile version is available, I almost always prefer it - they're usually quicker and 'cleaner'.

I just get the feeling that some posters on this thread (not you), are trying to make out that without flash, the ipad is useless. That's rubbish.

If a mobile version is available, I almost always prefer it - they're usually quicker and 'cleaner'.

I just get the feeling that some posters on this thread (not you), are trying to make out that without flash, the ipad is useless. That's rubbish.

I wouldn't say its useless if you like an iphone you will like this as its exactly the same just bigger, but IMO as a browsing medium, without flash its lacking. Apple really should support this.

My Tablet (Hp Touchpad) supported this out of the box, when I installed android, that supported it straight out of the box. Even a £50 cheap nasty ebay android tab will support flash.

With the price of these things you would expect it to be a replacement for desktop browsing, my tablet loads pages roughly in the same time and displays the same as my desktop.

I wouldn't say its useless if you like an iphone you will like this as its exactly the same just bigger, but IMO as a browsing medium, without flash its lacking. Apple really should support this.

My Tablet (Hp Touchpad) supported this out of the box, when I installed android, that supported it straight out of the box. Even a £50 cheap nasty ebay android tab will support flash.

With the price of these things you would expect it to be a replacement for desktop browsing, my tablet loads pages roughly in the same time and displays the same as my desktop.

I think you are overstating the usefulness of flash.

Interestingly, so does Adobe who are discontinuing it on mobile platforms...

(By the way - I bought one of those cheap £50 tablets - yes it played flash, but it was totally unusable in every other way - it got send back within a week).

I use my ipad every day - and the lack of flash is not a problem. I visit news sites, shopping sites, forums, watch tv streams and videos, and never seem to hit a problem. If I did I would just install Skyfire.

Adobe are not dropping flash, they are dropping future flash player creations in favour of their Adobe Air software.

"Our future work with Flash on mobile devices will be focused on enabling Flash developers to package native apps with Adobe Air for all the major app stores," Adobe said in the statement. "We will no longer adapt Flash Player for mobile devices to new browser, OS version or device configurations.

Also

At the start of 2011, around 20m devices had Flash in the browser, Adobe said, and it expected that by the end of this year the total would be 200m.

Hardly a dying format, Flash still accounts for more content than HTML 5.

Flash isn't going anywhere.