Help needed with Palfreyman family in Sheffield.

I went to De la Salle college and one of the teachers was a Mr Palfreyman around 1966-70. He might have taught Economics.

There was a Palfreyman family lived on Parson Cross Road S6, 70's 80's. Can only remember Simon, he was the son, he had a younger sister probably about 49 50 now.

Wonder what happened to them.

No idea, it must be 20 years since I last saw them

Pretty sure there were Palfreymans living around Crookes Terminus

Hi there, 

My grandfather was Leslie Palfreyman (born 1922), he lived in Sheffield with his family (13 siblings: Wilf, Arthur, George, Sid, Geoff, Ron, Agnes, Mabel, Cynthia, Marjory, Patricia, Audrey, Maureen). His parents were Wilfred and Maud Palfreyman (nee Parks). His wedding certificate notes that he lived at 360 Sheffield Road, Tinsley, Sheffield.

He married my grandmother, Jessie (nee Dodds), in 1943 (I think) in Edinburgh. They went on to have 5 children: June, Jimmy, John, Neil and Alan. They lived in Sheffield too, before moving back up to Edinburgh.

Hope this helps! Would be nice to find all the other Palfreymans out there :)

On 05/07/2022 at 21:24, AlicePalfreyman said:

Hi there, 

My grandfather was Leslie Palfreyman (born 1922), he lived in Sheffield with his family (13 siblings: Wilf, Arthur, George, Sid, Geoff, Ron, Agnes, Mabel, Cynthia, Marjory, Patricia, Audrey, Maureen). His parents were Wilfred and Maud Palfreyman (nee Parks). His wedding certificate notes that he lived at 360 Sheffield Road, Tinsley, Sheffield.

He married my grandmother, Jessie (nee Dodds), in 1943 (I think) in Edinburgh. They went on to have 5 children: June, Jimmy, John, Neil and Alan. They lived in Sheffield too, before moving back up to Edinburgh.

Hope this helps! Would be nice to find all the other Palfreymans out there :)

Hello.  I strongly suspect that I used to know the Neil Palfreyman you mention from when I was at college in Edinburgh.  Believe he lives/works in London now -  for Thames and Hudson the last time I heard.