Dog killed in wombwell woods

I am posting this thread in hope that someone will know who owns the dogs that savagely attacked and killed one of my toy poodles.

I have already posted the same thread on another part of the forum but arguments started!

This thread is meant purely for people who may have an idea of anyone concerned in the death of my beloved Max and not for anyone to raise unrelated comments or start arguments.

This happened Sat 17th sept in wombwell woods at around 2:30pm.

There were three young men (late 20s) walking, or probably hunting rabbits in the woods near wombwell lane with a pack of around 6-8 dogs, these included a large tan greyhound that must have some rib injuries from where I kicked repeatedly trying, in vain for it to let go of little Max who subsequently died three hours later.

I cannot give a good description of the men but will recognise them when I next see them. The best I can say is that they are all slim to medium build, around 5-10", and quite scruffy looking, two are cowards as they didnt help but all three ran off.

Please will anyone knowing them, or if one of them is reading this, get in touch so that steps can be taken as for this not to happen again

Thanks.

If you want i can post that on my mates face book who lives at wombwell.His daughter works as pet walker sitter etc and has lots of contacts out there.Well its her face book page actualy lol.Let me know wont do so untill you give the word.

Sorry to here that.

That is awful, have you been to the police? surely you have. so very sorry to hear this. hope someone knows who they are. xx

I'm sorry I can't help you - but I am so so sorry for your loss and your little dog. This is horrendous behaviour. All dogs should be on a lead unless 100% under control.

RIP little man - I'm sorry this happened to you.

Omg, that is such a horrendous thing to have happened to you and your poor little dog. I am so sorry for you and hope that as you say, steps can be taken to make sure it doesn't happen again. RIP little Max.

I hope you manage to get information, and something can be done to prevent this happening again.

RIP Max xx

This thread seems to have had 2 or 3 pages of posts deleted :o

It is a terrible thing that happened to your pooch jaydbow. I remember it happening to a cat of ours when i was younger and it was awful. I can only hope someone has the information needed to charge these idiots.

If you want i can post that on my mates face book who lives at wombwell.His daughter works as pet walker sitter etc and has lots of contacts out there.Well its her face book page actualy lol.Let me know wont do so untill you give the word.

Sorry to here that.

Yes please, any help whatsoever will be welcome.

Would you let me know the name on facebook so I can keep my eye on it.

Many many thanks.

Jay

This thread seems to have had 2 or 3 pages of posts deleted :o

It is a terrible thing that happened to your pooch jaydbow. I remember it happening to a cat of ours when i was younger and it was awful. I can only hope someone has the information needed to charge these idiots.

Hi,

This is a new thread that I started because the original was posted in general discussions. There were one or two individuals who posted idiotic remarks that have since been removed, I think that maybe the one your thinking of?

I'm relatively new to the sheff forum and didn't realise this section was here until someone pointed it out to me.

Jay

Email the administrators and see what and why pages have been removed - and then we can steer clear of going down that route again. The may remove if its going off what the original thread was set up to do.

What about taking a photo of you dog putting it on a poster and laminating it. Putting a write up of what happened and put it up EARLY MORNING around the area where he was killed. Get a 'pay as you go' mobile number so that you aren't giving out your own mobile number.

Ask other walkers if they know of these people.

A friend of mine has just had some animals chased and ripped up by a bull lurcher - he shot the dog and had to kill to two of his animals too. These dogs are not safe around any lifestock if hunting and off lead out of control. I believe the police have found the owner of the dog and were interested - so it may be worth asking them the facts of the law in this instance.

Rain, I think it got closed due to various remarks about the OPs actions while it was happening (ie kicking the other dog) and just useless bickering between other members regarding whether he should do this or not, and you know, the usual stupidness.

The poster idea sounds like a good one. I wonder if these people are local and a common occurrence in those woods?