Why has wifi on me laptop stopped working?

0114owl1867

I'm sure we would have got round to that with the OP, i for one wouldn't have left it unmentioned, and i would have used a little more tact that yourself.

With people less clued up about these things I find you have to be blunt about it. I see your point though maybe a bit harsh of me

To the lower right corner of your screen you should have various symbols, these are usually Sound, anti-virus, wifi etc etc, that's your system tray.

If you have a wifi symbol there, try right clicking it and see what the options are.

its windows xp ive right clicked it and it says wireless connection is not connected click to repair, so ive tried that and it says unable to repair due to it being not connected - contact your service provider

Yes if the op thinks the virus just went away then a short sharp warning is in order because the next thread is going to be "oh no all my money has been nicked out of my account"

theres no financial dealings of mine on this laptop or on any pc for that matter, well not to my knowledge :)

theres no financial dealings of mine on this laptop or on any pc for that matter, well not to my knowledge :)

Just because you don't bank online doesn't mean you won't get took for a ride all they need are your personal details and info from sites such as Facebook to give you a nice case of identity theft :|

• 2 weeks later...

ok since last night the 'sound' has stopped working now, my daughter copied some music onto her ipod and since then the audios stopped, i've right clicked on the volume button on the toolbar and all it says is 'open volume control' when you press to open it - it just goes away, the other option it gives you is 'adjust audio properties' and yes when you click this it vanishes too - this lappy is starting to get me down !