Weight watchers and the new Pro Points - advice needed

Hi I don't go to WW BUT I am following the new Pro points, but I need some advice. I am consuming on average 15 Pro points per day instead of the 38 that I should have. In the first 5 weeks I lost a grand total of 27.5 lbs which was great. Two weeks ago I started using the I-fit machines (the new flabulos) and since then I have only lost 1.5lbs. Can anyone give me any advice I can't afford the gym and I am not a lazy person. I have measured myself since starting the I fit and I have lost a total of 6.5" overall, but I feel very despondent knowing that I am doing all of this and only losing the 1.5lbs in the fortnight. Can anyone shed any light? Be much obliged.

Thanks

Hi I don't go to WW BUT I am following the new Pro points, but I need some advice. I am consuming on average 15 Pro points per day instead of the 38 that I should have. In the first 5 weeks I lost a grand total of 27.5 lbs which was great. Two weeks ago I started using the I-fit machines (the new flabulos) and since then I have only lost 1.5lbs. Can anyone give me any advice I can't afford the gym and I am not a lazy person. I have measured myself since starting the I fit and I have lost a total of 6.5" overall, but I feel very despondent knowing that I am doing all of this and only losing the 1.5lbs in the fortnight. Can anyone shed any light? Be much obliged.

Thanks

Obvious answer is your not eating enough. Try a week eating most of your pro-points and see if there is a difference.

Good luck and well done on your weight loss so far.

i'm doing the pro points and go to the meetings. we are strongly advised to eat all of our allowance as massive weight losses as you described i,e consistently more than 3lb per week actually starts to burn muscle as well as fat, your body goes into starvation mode and then starts storing any fat that you might give it. Your heart is a muscle so, you must eat more, eat your allowance and you'll loose weight, do the exercise too and you will be guaranteed weight loss. the lowest amount of points w.w. will give anyone is 29 and that is for people who are nearly at goal. I've lost 26lb in 13 weeks and feel amazing stick with it but be realistic, your body can't keep that up.

The i-fit will only tone muscle and not actually help you to lose fat. My friend who is a fitness instructor says it is a complete con. You could also get gym membership for the cost of the recommended three sessions a week on all the machines I have seen. I have been losing weight by walking and jogging which don't cost anything. I am also going to start going cycling soon as well. Exercise is the best way to lose weight as you can keep it up.

WW state that you must eat all your points, as it's this that makes the system work... When you get into a rut after you have been doing it as they say, you could try what used to be known as the 'Wendy' plan, where the total points for the week are divided up seemingly at random, so some days you eat more than your normal allowance, and some days less... You can use their websites forums even if you don't pay for the online service and they will give you more info...

I've done WW , I liked it, we're aloud 29 points, I found sticking to 29 was much easier as the weeks went on, I hated those meetings though, couldn't stand the women there, clapping when someone loses 2 pound:hihi:, then they give out stars when you've lost 5, also I couldn't figure out that WW calculater to save my life :roll:

Didn't know you could save your points though for another time, thought that was a no no