How much is beer in Turkey ?

Do they even sell beer in turkey?

Alcohol is probably cheap. Some of it is probably toxic.

Beer in Turkey?

Get real!

Where do you think Efes comes from??? Why wouldn't a secular state in Europe sell beer??? Would you be suprised to know that Greece sells beer? They're not far away from Turkey...

been told £96 for taking 2 suitcases, so we're risking just hand luggage - 10 kgs each, we know no sun tan lotion allowed but our lass wants to know is she ok with eye liner, concealer, 2 lipsticks and a mascara - anyone know ??

Hand luggage can contain liquids creams and gels in bottles up to 100ml each - makeup tends to be packaged in amounts of less than 10g each... You can buy from the airport larger bottles of everything, and if they can fit in your ryan air luggage, then they can go too... Weirdly, last time I flew like this, I had to buy two small bags in the airport to put my liquids and gels in??? Bag had to seal, and a little clear food bag wasn't good enough - strange but true! Can't take sharps, like pens, tweezers or nail clippers/scissors on...

been told £96 for taking 2 suitcases, so we're risking just hand luggage - 10 kgs each, we know no sun tan lotion allowed but our lass wants to know is she ok with eye liner, concealer, 2 lipsticks and a mascara - anyone know ??

Hand luggage can contain liquids creams and gels in bottles up to 100ml each - makeup tends to be packaged in amounts of less than 10ml each... You can buy from the airport larger bottles of everything, and if they can fit in your ryan air luggage, then they can go too... Weirdly, last time I flew like this, I had to buy two small bags in the airport to put my liquids and gels in??? Bag had to seal, and a little clear food bag wasn't good enough - strange but true! Can't take sharps, like pens, tweezers or nail clippers/scissors on... I took suntan lotion in 100ml on the flight, so don't think you can't...

Edited by Lady Star
and again??? the post that reproduces :)

Hand luggage can contain liquids creams and gels in bottles up to 100ml each - makeup tends to be packaged in amounts of less than 10ml each... You can buy from the airport larger bottles of everything, and if they can fit in your ryan air luggage, then they can go too... Weirdly, last time I flew like this, I had to buy two small bags in the airport to put my liquids and gels in??? Bag had to seal, and a little clear food bag wasn't good enough - strange but true! Can't take sharps, like pens, tweezers or nail clippers/scissors on... I took suntan lotion in 100ml on the flight, so don't go thinking you can't...

Edited by Lady Star
Why has this appeared twice??? MODS please delete one :)

Where do you think Efes comes from??? Why wouldn't a secular state in Europe sell beer??? Would you be suprised to know that Greece sells beer? They're not far away from Turkey...

I've no idea where Efes comes from ... is it from the salivary glands of rabid dogs or from the anal glands of syphilitic horses?

If you've been active on this forum for any sort of time then you will be aware that I live in Oberbayern.

In Bayern, we brew beer (in accordance with the purity laws (Reinheitsgebot) which have been around for long enough to make us appreciate them.

If you really wish to consume the concoctions of the Efes glands of certain beasts - go for it!

The whole holiday depends on the price of beer.

There's something very sad in that.

whys that ? if i have say 100 pints while i'm there and its say £1 a pint thats fine, if however beer is £3 a pint thats £300 + snap you're talking maybe £600 for a week on food and drink - thats a bit too dear for me, so the price of beer is a huge factor (for me) as i've said before on this thread, taking no driving license, no kids (i've taken them already) not into sightseeing etc so i'm quite unashamedly going for a good drink and a good time.

holidays mean different things to different people, this holiday to me means beers and lots of them !!

Hand luggage can contain liquids creams and gels in bottles up to 100ml each - makeup tends to be packaged in amounts of less than 10ml each... You can buy from the airport larger bottles of everything, and if they can fit in your ryan air luggage, then they can go too... Weirdly, last time I flew like this, I had to buy two small bags in the airport to put my liquids and gels in??? Bag had to seal, and a little clear food bag wasn't good enough - strange but true! Can't take sharps, like pens, tweezers or nail clippers/scissors on... I took suntan lotion in 100ml on the flight, so don't go thinking you can't...

thanks ladystar - very informative and helpful :)

• 4 weeks later...

well i'm just back except i didn't end up going to turkey, in the end, i went to spain and beer was between 1 and 3 euros for a pint, at night a vodka mixer with a shot of sambucca was 4 euros but it was always 2 for 1 - so happy times - and to all the people who very kindly informed me of the price of beer in turkey rest assured i am definitely going there next year so you did not give me any advice in vain :)

You seriously base a holiday decision on the price if beer?

don't go to france matey, last year I staggered, deeply dehydrated into a bar like the one in 'allo 'allo and ordered a jug of iced tap water and a 250 ml glass of beer - the wine glass was mainly full of froth and the bill was 10 euros (5 each) - reckon the beer must've been about £15 a pint!

unsurprisingly, all the bars seemed empty all the time which seems like bad business sense - a 24 pack of subbies was about 15 euros in the shop next door.

Do they even sell beer in turkey?

Alcohol is probably cheap. Some of it is probably toxic.

Beer in Turkey?

Get real!

the turks are big drinkers, always have been - the bars in working class areas of istanbul are full at sundown during ramadan - also amongst the best people I've ever met, friendly and hospitable - when I travellled there, I got sick of being invited to weddings. when I got ill, I was taken in by a dirt poor family and looked after, was taken to a doctor miles away and refused to pay towards my keep. I left £100 under the sheets of the bed that a bloke gave up for me with dysentery.

amazing people.