Recommended techniques book

I've been knitting - on and off - for a long time, but recent mags I've bought seem to reference a lot of new methods of casting on/off, finishing etc. Can anyone recommend a good book which will cover this sort of thing. Also blocking - something I've never done, but as I'm starting to knit lace it seems I need to learn how to do it properly.

Stitch and Bitch by Debbie Stoller is excellent.It is American but has conversion charts for sizes etc.

There are two books. Can be found at Amazon.

The one I turn to is Vogue Knitting - the ultimate knitting book. It might have more than you need but it will certainly have what you want in it.

Thanks

I'll check them both out before deciding.

another isThe Ecyclopiedia of knitting They have done a crochet one of this and it is one of my favourite books, I'm assuming it's every bit as good - I'm just waiting to get it or maybe hint to the family as Christmas is looming ;)

...... I'm just waiting to get it or maybe hint to the family as Christmas is looming ;)

Christmas?????

Knitting for Dummies is also useful. Though that may say more about me than anything else!

Christmas?????

For the organised knitter, apparently preparation is everything!

Knitting for Dummies is also useful. Though that may say more about me than anything else!

They are qute good, I have one for Amigurumi which has been an absolute life saver :)