Best Restaurant in Sheffield City Centre?

lauriana

The Wick at Both Ends on West Street. That's fairly central and I think it's good value. The mains normally cost from £7 to £12 (I think), they also have a tapas menu that I haven't tried yet.

But their burgers are excellent. Other people on the forum rate them too... if you look for the link.

The Wick at Both Ends on West Street. That's fairly central and I think it's good value. The mains normally cost from £7 to £12 (I think), they also have a tapas menu that I haven't tried yet.

But their burgers are excellent. Other people on the forum rate them too... if you look for the link.

Yep, value for money wise I'd agree. The Old House, The Forum and The Great Gatsby are also good (but the Wick is the best!).

They are all bars rather than restaurants - which will be a bit pricier.

Yep, value for money wise I'd agree. The Old House, The Forum and The Great Gatsby are also good (but the Wick is the best!).

They are all bars rather than restaurants - which will be a bit pricier.

Piccolos on West Street is a really nice family run place. Went there on Friday and was very impressed with food service and price. £55 for 2 3 course dinners and a bottle of wine.

Depends what kind of thing you want I suppose - and what your reference points are as well.

If you want a really nice impressive looking place with a trendy crowd and you could do a lot worse than Piccolino's in the Peace Garden area or the new Bar & Grill that has opened in Leopold Square. Both are really nice places and turn out good 'European' food. I've heard some say they think the Bar & Grill is a bit expensive. You can check out their website first of course for the menu - all I would say is, it's worth it. But I appreciate if you are doing this for friends then you don't want to surprise them with a big bill perhaps.

For Indian in the city centre I'd choose Aagrah in Leopold Square (but beware - they don't respect table bookings - they'll take them but it means nothing in reality - you'll end up waiting a long time at weekends) or Cafe Guru on Westfield Terrace for something Indian but a little different and upmarket.

For Chinese you could do worse than Wong Ting on Matilda Street (was once the Golden Dragon). They do a very good value buffet menu and the food is excellent quality - it's not one of these where you go to a school canteen type thing and help yourself - it's all cooked fresh whatever you order and is served at your table. And it includes crispy duck.

If you are prepared to venture a little out of the city centre and fancy a good Thai meal - then All Siam on Ecclesall Road, near to Hunter's Bar roundabout - is probably the best Thai food outside of Thailand! And nice decor too!