Sign in to follow this  

When do i pay council tax if house empty??

Renting a house and looking to buy one when i get to know which area to settle in. My question is......I am renting for 6 months (min contract) but if i find a place to buy as i am a cash buyer will i have to pay council tax for both until i move into the bought one?

I may stumble on just the right place at just the right price and perhaps i could be doing little jobs on it until my rental is up.I would not be living in it but may move a few boxes in.

i think as long as it isnt furnished/is having work done to it and obviously isnt being lived in then you can claim a 6 month exemption from paying council tax.

once you move in, or the 6 months is up, then it's payed at full rate (or single person discount rate...)

that's the last i knew anyway!

i think as long as it isnt furnished/is having work done to it and obviously isnt being lived in then you can claim a 6 month exemption from paying council tax.

once you move in, or the 6 months is up, then it's payed at full rate (or single person discount rate...)

that's the last i knew anyway!

thanks for taking the time to let me know