Dog as grown up with children but yet keeps snapping at my childs face.

yaaay someone is being really helpful :D

I would... but I haven't heard anything yet. Don't know if Leonie has been back online since - but the offer is still there to drop me an email.

My old dog was exacly same got to poin my son couldnt go near her withot growling and lunging at him,then she bit me,them put my friend in hospital,al i can say is had she done to my son what she did to my friend,wel i wouldent have a son right now,since had a new. Dog whos fab,a. Naught dog lol,but shown no aggresion what so everx

The poster actually stated the little one used to *rag her mums dog all over* that speaks volumes!!!! for goodness sake when will people learn they are not childrens toys so I cant actually see how people can blame the dog 100% as we dont know how its been treated before poor little thing.I hate to say it but the child needs to be taught that dogs are not to be ragged around!!!!!!!!
This is exactly the reason there are so many incidents of dogs biting children

we expect dogs to behave like stuffed toys, and it's just unrealistic

Children used to be taught how to behave round dogs, but now we expect dogs to lie down and take everything that's thrown at them (literally in some cases)

My own daughter has just become incredibly affectionate, and wants to kiss everybody in the family, including the dog. Of course the dog's not impressed with this, and has told her so... in the only way available to him - but he tells her, and HE moves away

The more control I teach MY CHILD, the less threatened the dog feels, and the more accepting he is of her approaches... and a couple of days ago he let her kiss him for the first time - with the pair of them under strict supervision

I'm not saying one size fits all, but I'm sick of the stupid situation where kids are allowed to treat every other living thing as they please (including other kids and adults too) but dogs are threatened with death for saying 'leave me alone!'

This is exactly the reason there are so many incidents of dogs biting children

we expect dogs to behave like stuffed toys, and it's just unrealistic

Children used to be taught how to behave round dogs, but now we expect dogs to lie down and take everything that's thrown at them (literally in some cases)

My own daughter has just become incredibly affectionate, and wants to kiss everybody in the family, including the dog. Of course the dog's not impressed with this, and has told her so... in the only way available to him - but he tells her, and HE moves away

The more control I teach MY CHILD, the less threatened the dog feels, and the more accepting he is of her approaches... and a couple of days ago he let her kiss him for the first time - with the pair of them under strict supervision

I'm not saying one size fits all, but I'm sick of the stupid situation where kids are allowed to treat every other living thing as they please (including other kids and adults too) but dogs are threatened with death for saying 'leave me alone!'

i totally agree it's not the dogs fault if it lashes out after being annoyed to the end of it's tether if it doesn't want to be played with the only way it can show it is by showing a little aggression. . . I think it's our fault if our children aren't taught how to act around animals in a respectful way and the children should be taught to be aware of the body language that tells them to back off. It's also our fault if we allow our children to be with the dog unsupervised and they get hurt . . it's an animal you can't expect it to act how you want it to :( It's really a case of training the animal and training the child too. . . it also helps when the child comes into contact with another animal that isn't under your control e.g. in a park, if the child plays with a dog you don't know the child needs to know they can't pull on their ears and tail or squeeze them because they don't like it!