Friend in sheffield

hi i've just moved to sheffield and dont know anyone just looking to make new friends. i live in firth park am a mum of four and 27 yrs old . i like going out and having a good time also staying in and doing girly stuff. please dont leave any stupid comments if you are not interested. thank you in advance rene

welcome to Sheffield.

If your children are school age you might meet new friends via them. Why not ask some of the Mum's you meet to call in for a coffee and chat after you have dropped the children at school / nursery? Alternatively you could invite a few of your children's friends back for tea and maybe meet their parents this way.

What about looking at adult learning options such as cake decorating or spanish classes (or whatever your interests are)

What school do your children go to? They might do some parent activities or fundraising in school that you could help with

if you tell us what hobbies you are interested in and we could try and find some in your area.

There's a shop on the bottom of Bellhouse Road near the Roundabout that will have information of things to do

Pop into First Start in Firth Park, there is a nursery there and a nice cafe, but they also have leaflets there that may help you. The Health Visitors are also stationed there and often your Health Visitor can put you in touch with people in a similar position.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy living in Sheffield, we are a welcoming lot really.

Pop into First Start in Firth Park, there is a nursery there and a nice cafe, but they also have leaflets there that may help you. The Health Visitors are also stationed there and often your Health Visitor can put you in touch with people in a similar position.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy living in Sheffield, we are a welcoming lot really.

that's really good advice - i'd forgotten about First Start and it's right next to the roundabout so I pass it most days

Hi tigerlily and welcome to Sheffield. I'm sure you'll soon fit right in as sheffield people are generally really friendly and look out after people. Like people have said, talk to other people at the nursery and maybe start a class at community centre or something.