Free bus pass for carer

a friend of mine works on the buses as a driver he has told me that the immigrants get a free bus pass because the claim they cant speak/understand English.i find this a bit puzzling.why can these people get a free pass and are clearly abusing the system it makes me sick.:rant::rant:

a friend of mine works on the buses as a driver he has told me that the immigrants get a free bus pass because the claim they cant speak/understand English.i find this a bit puzzling.why can these people get a free pass and are clearly abusing the system it makes me sick.:rant::rant:

There'd be a lot of English people who'd qualify for a pass in those circumstances, if that ridiculous premise were true.

There'd be a lot of English people who'd qualify for a pass in those circumstances, if that ridiculous premise were true.

Plain talker, sadly in some instances it is true!

I did my time on the buses and got talking to a PTE ticket inspector, i asked him the blunt question, and got the answer that because they dont understand the language or currency, they can apply for, and in most case's either get a Mobility pass, or a pass that allows them weekly free travel off peak (that they renew as an when).

Plain talker, sadly in some instances it is true!

I did my time on the buses and got talking to a PTE ticket inspector, i asked him the blunt question, and got the answer that because they dont understand the language or currency, they can apply for, and in most case's either get a Mobility pass, or a pass that allows them weekly free travel off peak (that they renew as an when).

I believe the bit about the weekly pass, because it's not one that you need to have a disability for, but I am more than sceptical about the veracity of the allegation that the immigrants get a mobility pass because they cannot speak English.

As I said in my previous post, going on the English language skills level of some folk I've come across in my time, there'd be more of those passes given out than you could shake a stick at.

My friend who is disabled went to try to get a disabled bus pass today and they told him he was too old.If you are over 65 you cannot have one.

tell him to go back then becauce u can my hubby got his at age 67 they took his oap off him n gave him disability one

If you are blind or entitled to a "with-carer" pass, then you can keep your disabled person's national concessionary pass after retirement age.

If you are blind or entitled to a "with-carer" pass, then you can keep your disabled person's national concessionary pass after retirement age.

Possibly so but this is the first time he has applied for one.

This is from the Sheffield council website.

Application for a Disabled Persons Travel Permit

A Disabled Person’s Travel Permit allows the holder to travel at anytime, within South Yorkshire, on a bus, train or tram for the concessionary fare. You may be able to get a permit if you meet one of the necessary conditions and you are aged between 05-65 years old.

You need to be claiming higher rate DLA, not sure about AA, to be eligible for +C (companion)on your bus pass. Just to clarify the C does not have to be the carer who claims any carers allowance, it is anyone who is accompanying the person with a disability