Darnall Carnival

Does anyone out there know if there's going to be a Darnall Carnival/Mela this year?

found the darnall forum site but its not been updated since november 2010, and the last carnival listed was 2009

found details of this years middlesbrough mela tho :P..............its their 21st anniversary

Edited by melthebell

The Darnall Forum would be your best bet, They don't normally advertise things that well, they seem to only cater for a certain clique.

Already looked on this site - nothing - still looking if anyone has any knowledge

At the moment,there are no plans for Darnall Carnival this year,it's all down to funding and finding volunteers.

Last year's very basic carnival cost about £7k,and a really good one would cost about double that.I work for Friends of High Hazels Park,and we applied for a lot of last year's funding on Darnall Forum's behalf,and we only secured most of it the week before.The Forum will continue to look for funding,but it may have to be a September carnival if we have one at all.

I believe the Mela is on Sunday June 12th,but I'm not sure,this is privately organised.

Edited by PCInfield
spelling