Differing fares on First group buses

i got on a worst group bus from heeley bottom today and stated my destination as meadowhead and was told £2.40 mby the driver of the 53 bus which i paid. I thought that was expensive, no wonder ive got a car, i couldnt afford to use the bus at that price.

On the return journey on the 25a bus i was charged £1.95.

No wonder the peasant wagons are half empty, its cheaper by car and why is there a difference on one service to another.

Here we go. Another bus driver thread thread done to death. :roll::roll:

Yeah but as nothing seems to change the point should continue to be made.

The other night I got a bus to Woodseats from town and paid £1.95. I came back on a different bus and it was £1.50. And when I got on the bus in town the driver told me the bus doesn't go to Woodseats even though the route map at the bus stop said it did. And the bus coming back had Chesterfield on the front till I told the driver and he changed it.

Public transport should be a public service. If nurses or teachers were as incompetent there'd be an outcry. It shouldn't be any different with bus drivers.

Here we go. Another bus driver thread thread done to death. :roll::roll:

i got on a worst group bus from heeley bottom today and stated my destination as meadowhead and was told £2.40 mby the driver of the 53 bus which i paid. I thought that was expensive, no wonder ive got a car, i couldnt afford to use the bus at that price.

No wonder the peasant wagons are half empty, its cheaper by car and why is there a difference on one service to another.

i see no mention of bus driver got a complex do we ?

Public transport should be a public service. If nurses or teachers were as incompetent there'd be an outcry. It shouldn't be any different with bus drivers.

Ridiculous analogy. Teachers and nurses are extremely important, bus drivers are not (as) important.

Do you have the tickets? I would email SYTPE, with a scan of the tickets, asking why and explain the difference in cost of fares between the two routes.

Do you have the tickets? I would email SYTPE, with a scan of the tickets, asking why and explain the difference in cost of fares between the two routes.

Or he could have just asked the driver at the time. It may have been a genuine mistake, which could get a particular driver in to trouble over something so daft.