How/when were sheffield postcodes brought in ?

does anyone know when and how sheffields postcodes were worked out cos they seem a bit random to me - ie S35 is right next to S30, which in turn is next to S5 which is next to S9 ( and yes i know that S5 is next to S4 and S3 ) thats the only bit that works out to my knowledge

if you look at the postcodes you will see that they go in a sort of circular pattern around the central one (S1) which makes some seem a bit illogical in positioning.

Now you've made me curious. How can ONE road that is divided by a main road have two different postcodes? For example Mushroom Lane near Weston Park. The top part of Mushroom Lane is S10 but the bottom part is S3. Why?

Chippinghouse road in Abbeydale/ Heeley does that.

The numbers on the left hand side, as you have your back to town, between Abbeydale road and Heeley Bottom are S8, where the section on the right going up toward Nether Edge are S7

Talking of Mushroom lane, that area is a cusp of three post codes,S10, S3 and S6, one side of the Ponderosa is S6, where the Martin street flats are, but the other side is S3 but the Weston park side is S10

Did you know Walford was named Walford is its a named after 2 East London towns Walthamstowe & Ilford?

Is that right? I thought it was named after Walthamstow and Stratford, E17 and E15 respectively. Leyton and Leytonstone lie between them, typical working class East London. Between Walthamstow and Ilford there's a lot of forest and middle-class suburbia. Ilford actually has an Essex postcode, starting IG.