St. Georges Day

Why should I be proud about something I had no choice over? I don't get it. Please explain what I am supposed to be proud of.

Wherever i go.. I am English, i also did not have any choice in the matter but the fact remains that i am English. I dont feel ashamed of being English and can look anybody in the eye and claim to be English.

Im sure this would be the same case if i were from any other nation.

I dont object to St Patricks day, St Davids Day, US Independence day or any other 'day' come to that. People are entitled to celebrate their own nationality in this democratic land and i respect that.

What i object to, is the likes of some people who imply that the celebration of St Georges day is some kind of display of bigotry.

That, is bigotry in itself.

If anybody wishes not to celebrate St Georges day... fine, dont bother... just dont object to those who wish to do so and worse still, imply that doing so is some sort of display of bigotry.

yeah but its fashionable these days as a response to the likes of immigration and muslims

which i wont have anything to do with, its still baffles me too as hes not even english and celebrated by a lot more than just us..........but again, its fashionable

as ive said before id rather celebrate somebody who matters to the people of england, such as freeborn john, but hes still unknown

just like paddies day...is marketed today to make money....so is good st george...off to walsall to re-live our youth...64 that think they are 21 again...happy days