Good honest garage around s5/s6

Dont use Shiregreen Station (cant remember the full name) its on Sicey Avenue/Hatfield House junction. They failed my car on the MOT because the factory fitted tow bar was 'covering' the rear reg plate up. The tow bar had been on the car for a number of years, 11 to be precise. Removed it as we never use it anyway, took it back and was told it needed a new rear reg plate as the one in place was abit 'rusty' when it wasnt at all, took the car got a new one, and then took it back that afternoon. They kept trying to stall me, so I was over the maximum days until it would cost for another re-test. Would never in my life use them for anything again. What a joke, when a relative of mine who used to work until a few months ago in a garage did us an MOT on it and told us what needed doing for it to pass but he wasnt registered to pass it for us.