Carp fishing waters in sheff?

Shireoakes... I love that place. There are 3 lakes full of carp but the middle one is used for course fishing as well. The bottom lake at the car park is full of carp up to 20 pound (i'd say the average would be 10 though). No idea what the top lake is holding due to it being a 10 minute walk up in to the woods. I only every went up there once and it was like being in the middle of nowhere.

[edit] There is a little bit of info about the place here......http://www.go-fish.co.uk/venue_2672.htm

Ye mate that place sounds Perfect, do you know the name of the road that the fishery is on or a postcode near it because i have had troble finding directions.

Do you know how much the day tiket is & can you bivvy up?

Thanks mate you have been very helpfull. chears

Carterhall fishery, back of the Charnock Estate, looked ok last year. New lake. Giving it a try soon £5 I believe.

Ye mate that place sounds Perfect, do you know the name of the road that the fishery is on or a postcode near it because i have had troble finding directions.

Do you know how much the day tiket is & can you bivvy up?

Thanks mate you have been very helpfull. chears

Shireoaks is just the 1 road mate. Take the a51 (ithink thats the name of it these days), out of Sheffield and follow it towards Worksop. The roundabout before Worksop you'll see a sign saying Shireoaks on it. Take a right off that roundabout in to Shireoaks and follow the road over the train tracks. Just as the road bends to the left you will see a huge driveway going straight on. That is the place you are after.

Last time i was there it was summer time and floating pedigree chum biscuits on the surface was going great along with hair rigged luncheon meat in the edges.

There is tons of room around every lake to stick up a bivvy. I wish my lawn was as nice as the massive banking around each of the lakes :love:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=shireoaks&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Shireoaks,+Worksop,+Nottinghamshire&gl=uk&ei=WfGTTbqwO5SIhQehteTyCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQ8gEwAA

Posted that link as a google sattelite view of Shireoaks. If you take a quick look around you will be looking for the first lake. The one with the HUGE island in the middle of it. The 2nd lake has a much smaller island and the 3rd lake is off in to the woods.

Edited by 0742Sheff

.kjs fisheriers at aston spring .west.end boily lane killamarsh station road very good fishing waters :) no 3 pond is a spec pond with over 100 doubles ie carp at aston springs

Edited by ianholmes
more info

KJS was pretty good the last time i went (ages ago now), but there are no designated carp ponds there is there?. I had a fair few carp up to 4 pound from the canal stretch but never heard of anything bigger coming out.

KJS was pretty good the last time i went (ages ago now), but there are no designated carp ponds there is there?. I had a fair few carp up to 4 pound from the canal stretch but never heard of anything bigger coming out.

Kjs suffered a large fish loss which strangely coincided with their aquisition of Aston ponds.

0742sheff thanks for the advice, i am guna try the shireokes fishery ile let you know how it goes :)

Thanks again

hi have you tried alderfen fishery near wroot the carp lake costs 7.50 for a twenty four hour ticket bivvies are no problem carp go to 20lbs plus hope this helps:)

hi have you tried alderfen fishery near wroot the carp lake costs 7.50 for a twenty four hour ticket bivvies are no problem carp go to 20lbs plus hope this helps:)

Cheers pal ile give that un a go afta ive tryed shireoakes

Thanks

You can catch a few carp in loxely fisheries near the dam flask, the fishing is great & it is stocked with all diferent fish barbel, perch, chub & more.

This is more of a match fishing lake than a big carp pond.

But some big fish in there.

Hope this is helpfull

You can catch a few carp in loxely fisheries near the dam flask, the fishing is great & it is stocked with all diferent fish barbel, perch, chub & more.

This is more of a match fishing lake than a big carp pond.

But some big fish in there.

Hope this is helpfull

I've heard it's a good pond too, just how big do the carp ho tho? And what's the best baits etc ?