Where should I get carpet underlay from?

As for Sheffield I'm not sure, but I bought two rolls of 8mm felt underlay from a firm at Hull who advertise on the internet, and was quite cheap even with postage. The felt stuff is very effective but is tricky to cut to precise shape so as not to ride over the edges of carpet grips. Recently a friend had a newer type of flat sponge underlay laid, very easy to cut and staple, and cost him around £1/metre off the trader who did the job for him.

He did try several small carpet shops and asked them what was the lowest price they would sell him the underlay for.

Hello,

Where would people recommend is the best place to buy underlay from. The bigger stores tend to rip you off.

Any recommendations would be be greatly received.

Cheers :)

try the smaller stores then, if its the internet you will probably have to fit it yourself, and will probably lose any guarantee on carpets purchased through a shop, i personally will not give guarantees on carpets with internet underlay , as it could be seconds or b grade

Hello,

Where would people recommend is the best place to buy underlay from. The bigger stores tend to rip you off.

Any recommendations would be be greatly received.

Cheers :)

I totally agree about the rip off factor.

Here's sth you might find useful: we used to live in Rotherham for a year before moving to Sheffield. When we carpeted our new house, we took quotes from at least nine different shops in and around Sheffield. The only shop with the best deals and service we found is in Rotherham. We're sorting out our place room-by-room and even after five rooms, their quotes remain competitive. Sheffield shops will rip you off.

Google up wentworth flooring rotherham and you'll find them ... hope this helps. Goodluck!