Hamsters??help!!

Anybody got any suggestions.Got a hamster here who persists in nibbling at the bars on her cage.Tried everything from putting in a nibble block to toilet roll tubes.Despite this she is still heard crunching on the cage.Any answers please????

Moved to the pets group, where hopefully your thread will be amongst friends :)

My daughters hamster was doing the same - keeping her awake at night.

We bought a cage that has clear solid plastic sides and left nibble blocks in for him to chew on.

We got a cage that has clear plastic sides, the only bars are on the ceiling and our hamster still likes to jump up and swing from them! We're trying to train him to do it on command now! They're funny little things! But he can't really chew the overhead bars so that might be a good idea.

What sort of cage is she in at the moment? I found that my girl hamster stopped when i moved her from a cage with horizontal bars into one with mesh http://www.yorkshirepetshop.co.uk/single-storey-ferret-chinchilla-cage-p-1378.html

I did try one of the zoozone tank cages, but she just didn't seem happy in it - (Although she was a bit spoiled :loopy::blush:)

Its also worth noticing though, that some girls will continue to do it, no matter what cage they are in, when they are on heat!

What sort of cage is she in at the moment? I found that my girl hamster stopped when i moved her from a cage with horizontal bars into one with mesh http://www.yorkshirepetshop.co.uk/single-storey-ferret-chinchilla-cage-p-1378.html

I did try one of the zoozone tank cages, but she just didn't seem happy in it - (Although she was a bit spoiled :loopy::blush:)

Its also worth noticing though, that some girls will continue to do it, no matter what cage they are in, when they are on heat!

A standard cage with plastic base and bar cage.ok,thank you.Will have a look on ebay at hamsters.also thanks for link attached to your reply

Thanks,will trawl ebay later!