Best Place to Buy an Engagement Ring? - Help Please!

My fiance bought my ring from McAvoy and Beardsmore in Fulwoood/Hangingwater, they were really good with him, considering he went in there five times and was literally shaking each time! They ended up making up a ring for him as he liked the stone from one ring but preferred the setting of another, and I love my ring!! I would definitely go somewhere where a personal service is offered with good advice. We will be going back there for our wedding rings.

I used PA Jewellery, they were pretty good.

We've used George the Jewellers in Broomhill since though and he was better!

Hi, My husband bought my engagement ring from George. although George is a very nice man his quality of rings are not good.

2 diamond have fallen out. The first time i paid to have it replaced and the second time i refused to pay as it was the same diamond that fell out. i'm glad i didn't pay for the newest diamond as it is actually the wrong cut for the setting and according to George "will fall out again".

i'm so upset about the ring that i'm thinking of getting a new one - not from George!

I would not recommend George to anyone.

Go to Green and Benz on Division Street. They are really helpful. They will sit you down with a drink and you can really work out what you're after. if you're looking for something bespoke and you're looking to spend a fair bit then its even worth having a brass sample version made before you commit.