Curries! How do you like yours?

a.s.ullah

I love most Indian spices, but absolutely hate chilli or anything hot, so for me the favourite is anything really mild, such as korma. I do get fed up of always having korma just because it is mild, so it would be good if there were a choice of meals without chilli or pepper in.

Move up the scale bit and try bhona or dopaza shouldnt be hot but ul enjoy it

Things I look for in an indian meal are. Good sized portion with plenty of sauce and meat,not too much oil.Too much oil ruins the meal. Big flavours from fresh herbs and spices. Well cooked bubbly naan that isnt too thick and doughy. Extratender chunks of Lamb, King prawns cooked to perfection - not over done and chewy. Get all these right and your on to a winner in my opinion.

That's standard in our places already and has always been the case since 1987 :D till this very day no other restaurant or takeaway could compet wiv the portions with us and valu for money.

Edited by a.s.ullah

From the comments it sounds like most of you would prefer wot restaurants are already doing but with better quality and some of you will like to try some tridishnal dishes (home cooking lamb chicken on the bone) No one like gorden Ramseys fancy cooking? Did I just waist a year learning for nothing then :( (well not exactly waist I could use some of the skills I learnt)

Edited by a.s.ullah

I like trying new things, so a specials menu would be good...for that reason I also love a thali. I like really rich curries with lots of different, lighter side dishes...maybe you could give the option for people to choose different sized side dishes, eg small, about the size of an individual thali dish..? And even different sized main courses, give people a chance to try different things...for me, the attraction would be an inventive menu - something out of the ordinary - and brilliant service. Good luck and keep us informed! :)

I like trying new things, so a specials menu would be good...for that reason I also love a thali. I like really rich curries with lots of different, lighter side dishes...maybe you could give the option for people to choose different sized side dishes, eg small, about the size of an individual thali dish..? And even different sized main courses, give people a chance to try different things...for me, the attraction would be an inventive menu - something out of the ordinary - and brilliant service. Good luck and keep us informed! :)

My dads off to Bangladesh next week to get some new recipes iv got some new ideas for some new recipes aswell so u will be spoilt for choice at this new restaurant il keep the size of dish's in mind and put it forward to my dad see what he says thanks for ur feed back with the help of the community we aim to build the best Indian/Bangladeshi restaurant in Sheffield :D

Hotter the better, normally Vindalou or Phal but like them with onions and peppers and other flavours-not just sauce.

Have you heard of 'Naga' its a newish dish made from the Naga chilli,it knocks your socks off although I ask for extra Naga.

Iv'e only seen it on a menu in Bristol,never in Sheffield or anywhere else.

Apparantly its been research for into making bombs:o

U can get naga on my menu it's been on for the last 4 years :D

I love most Indian spices, but absolutely hate chilli or anything hot, so for me the favourite is anything really mild, such as korma. I do get fed up of always having korma just because it is mild, so it would be good if there were a choice of meals without chilli or pepper in.

You might like the food at Viraaj on Woodseats. Some have complained about it being bland (Sheffield Star), and I'd certainly agree that the chilli rating on their menu is daft, but I've found it nicely spiced for folks who don't want 'hot'.

They don't do desserts though :(