Sothey green primary or longley?

Southey is a good school, both my kids went there. Grandaughter started out at Longley and later moved out of the area. We were all quite shocked how far behind she was in the basic's, Happily she has caught up with all her work.

I myself went to Southey School but it was many moons ago and it was great. I have friends who's children now go there and they too think its great!! My 2 sons go to Longley school and I cant fault it one litle bit. Both my children are doing brilliantly and are ahead of schools targets. You always get parents who slate the school whichever one you decide to choose. But I am confident that whether it be Southey or Longley you decide on your child will love it. Good Luck!

my 7 year old daughter staryed off at longley, during her time there she was diagnosed as having autism, but they did nothing to help her and used to just leave her in the corner of the classroom and i found a lot of the teachers unpleasant. My daughter is now at southey green school and the staff cant do enough for her and she is coming on much better and everyone is so friendly. Obviously my daughter has special needs, so i cant comment on a child that isnt special needs at longley. I would say to have a look around both schools and see which one you get better vibes from. Good luck.

My 5 year old son is at Southey School and my 3 year old daughter is at Southey nursery, can't praise the school and staff enough. My son is above average in all subjects and is on yellow reading books which is the target for the end of the year, he's been on them since before Xmas.

My niece did her work experience at Longley and said quite alot of the kids swore alot and had bad behaviour. Also I've seen parents drinking cans of larger on the school gates.

My son goes to longley and there useless, teachers don't kno there heads from there arses. I can't comment on southey but have u tried watercliffe as that has a good reputation x

Well I went to went to longley, did It do me any harm? No. I blame the parents for not realising it's their kids that are the problem.

i have children at longley primary, they r very happy there both very clever children way above national average!!! whilst bein in the school as a reading helper all the children have been well behaved and polite!!

i have never seen any parents drinking larger @ the school gates this would never be allowed!!!

why dont u ask both schools for there ofstead reports and prospectus to help u decide

You can view their reports/inspections online. I did whilst deciding between Longley and Watercliffe Meadows. I ended up choosing Watercliffe, which is a very good school. So much so my daughter cries to go to school when shes ill.............But I did go to Longley and I really enjoyed the music programme they had there.

And I personally believe its up to an individual child whether they learn or not....not necessarily the parents or the school they go to.