Help with wedding favor presentation

After alot of discussion about wedding favors we have decided to donate money to two charities instead.

We have decided to work out the total cost that we would spend on favors and divide that in half. Half of the money to go to the British Heart Foundation and the other half to Macmillan as they are both important charities to me and my OH.

However we need help with ideas on presentation of these for our wedding guests. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Just tell them that you're making a donation in lieu of favours.

We're probably going to do this and put a little card on each table explaining about the charities.

We might even put a little jar/box/something with it in case anyone would like to contribute towards the charities.

The British Heart Foundation have heart badges, keyrings etc that you can use as wedding favours: http://giftshop.bhf.org.uk/wedding/wedding-ideas/wedding-favours.html

It says on the Macmillan site says that the fund raising offices can help with "branded merchandise to use as wedding favours, place cards, collections and much more."

The site also has templates for printing leaflets, invites, etc with their branding. Maybe you could use one of the templates as a card to explain that you are giving the favour money to charity.

http://be.macmillan.org.uk/be/s-1-make-your-own.aspx

Favours are such a recent thing- sometimes I just don't understand why we buy into some of these ideas at all. A more recent one than my wedding is the whole thing with chair covers. I mean, are the chairs less useful as chairs if you don't spend a fiver each on bits of cloth?

Put a card and a little jar on the tables telling them that the money will be sent to the charities and that if they want to donate too then you'll forward it on. Nobody will object and you'll probably have a whole load of support from the people who realise that weddings are horrifically expensive and that it's lovely that you're thinking both of ways to save and ways to make your money go to good causes too.

I donated to cancer research for favours at my wedding last year - see link below for details. I picked 2 different pins/badges - on for ladies and one for the men.

http://giveincelebration.cancerresearchuk.org/wedding-favours

I guess you could replicate these quite easily if you wanted to donate to other charities... i know you can buy folded card from craft shops