Cost of a private taxi to Gatwick Airport

We are booking a return flight from Gatwick Airport to our destination for two weeks in May. The National Express coach times aren't convenient for our flights and we are debating whether or not to hire a private taxi. Does anyone know the approximate cost of a Gatwick airport taxi run, and any recommendations please for a reasonably priced taxi company would be most appreciated as we are on a budget :confused:

About £300 there and back.
Thanks for that, that was the sort of price I had in my head and its probably worth paying to save having to either wait for hours in the airport or checking into a hotel.

Thanks for that, that was the sort of price I had in my head and its probably worth paying to save having to either wait for hours in the airport or checking into a hotel.

hope you saved by flying from Gatwick. £300 before you've even gone on holiday is crazy money, unless your rich. Train? Driving would be far cheaper

You could get first class train tickets the day before & a hotel room for £300, easy. What sort of 'budget' are you on?!

You could get first class train tickets the day before & a hotel room for £300, easy. What sort of 'budget' are you on?!
We are saving a great deal on the flights with Easyjet but unfortunately they only have flights to Luxor from Gatwick. Thompsons and Monarch have flights from closer airports but unfortunately, because my husband is an Egyptian National (but lived here for 12 years) they won't allow him to visit his own country, flight only, unless he books a full package holiday!! Is absolutely ridiculous but they say it is the rules of Egyptian Aviation!! He would however be able to book a flight with the scheduled airline Egyptair but the cost for two passengers is well over £1,000 whereas the flight with Easyjet will cost just under £400 (although we haven't booked it yet). Taking a train to London and staying in a hotel is something to think about when we weigh up the costs.

Do you own a car? Park at a long stay off-airport car park for 2 weeks is still alot cheaper than a taxi.

About £300 there and back.

I wouldn't drive to Gatwick for £150 each way. Fuel alone is gonna be £50-60. Glad i don't do distance work anymore. There's always a firm who will do it for peanuts :loopy::loopy:

Thanks for your replies everyone but have now arranged for a family member to take us down there