Personal trainer MEGATHREAD

Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?

• Yes - £20-£30
    • Yes - £30 - £35
    • Yes - £35+
    • No

so if anyone knows a personal trainer or is one, give us a message back! ta.

At Virgin Active the sessions are quite expensive. I had 3 sessions as a present and they did keep me focused in between them but its too expensive for me to continue with them.

For motivation I used to train with a friend and we would make a specific time to meet up - either for a class or to do some training generally - i've got no-one to train with at the moment as she has moved up north!

Does anyone know of a good place to look/message board etc for a training partner?

Guys with regards to personal trainers they are not going to be cheap, in my experience the cheapest you will find is maybe £25 per hour, if you go to ondon they charge anything upto £100 per hour, personal trainers are not only there to go running with you in the park but they put together fitness programs for you over 4, 8 or even 12 weeks, they work with you and give you advice on eating, exercises, lifestyle. The money that you par for a personal trainer is not just fot that 1 hours work, its for all the hours they put in to putting your programs together, researching information to give you the best training.

Hope this gives people an idea as to what goes on with a personal trainer, any questions, let me know

I am getting the vibe that many people dont agree with what personal trainers do and that you dont get what your paying for, I'd be interested to here your views and opinions on this subject

Surely it's a personal choice. If you choose to 'employ' a PT then you choose to pay the going rate?

yes that is very true Si, but some people see it in a different way unfortunatly, as a personal trainer myself and from speaking to various people i just want to see what the general feel about it all is

If it's motivation that's lacking wouldn't joining a club with structured activitities and set times provide it? I'm surprised that 'you know who' hasn't popped up yet!

If it's motivation that's lacking wouldn't joining a club with structured activitities and set times provide it? I'm surprised that 'you know who' hasn't popped up yet!

You know who is here!!! Dont say my name 3 times in front of a mirror.

Regarding groups that do structured activites, for example with kickboxing some people dont want to be part of a group or may feel shy to begin with.

I myself operate a private lesson service. Now people book me or one of my team of Black Belt instructors for the hour, it could be just one person it could be two people or it could be a small group.

Now the benefits of booking a kickboxing instructor for private lessons are as follows:

1. You get more one on one attention.

2.You can decide what exactly you want to concentrate on and tailor the lesson to your needs.

3.You can have that instructor and choose to keep him just for your group for the hour.

4.You pretty much have the gym to yourself more often than not.

You are amazing! How do you do it? How?

In a nutshell most people want summat for nowt. Human nature I guess!

I'd spend about £20 on a pair of trainers. Shering them isn't my thing :gag: