Part-time student jobs in Sheffield

I'm from Japan and I'm planning to study in the University of Sheffield from this September.

I want to know what the part-time climate is and what sort of jobs students usually do. Any thoughts?

part time shop work (we have meadowhall nearby) or bar work, or pot washing in restaurants or cleaning are the ones that students I know do.

If you are sporty there are sometimes openings with kids activities too - coaching etc.

I'm from Japan and I'm planning to study in the University of Sheffield from this September.

I want to know what the part-time climate is and what sort of jobs students usually do. Any thoughts?

A warm welcome Radomu, your English is better than most born here! What are you most happy doing? Shop work, bar work etc. You will have no problem finding part time work here.

A warm welcome Radomu, your English is better than most born here! What are you most happy doing? Shop work, bar work etc. You will have no problem finding part time work here.

Sorry Radomu - I intended to say hello too...

Thank you very much! I was thinking of being a part-time chef in a restaurant since I have some experience there or some shopkeeping.

Sorry Radomu - I intended to say hello too...

No problems, thanks for you information.

the coffee shops in the town centre somtimes set on a lot of students on a part time basis x

ps welcome to sheffield when you come

the coffee shops in the town centre somtimes set on a lot of students on a part time basis x

ps welcome to sheffield when you come

Thanks a lot. A batista might be a great job.

Although you probably have loked into this already, in case you haven't, you must remember that unless your visa allows you to work, and even then you will only be able to work a maximum of 20 hours per week (I think), you will not be allowed to work and would be constitued as a criminal offence if you did. So ensure that your visa confirms your ability to work.

Although you probably have loked into this already, in case you haven't, you must remember that unless your visa allows you to work, and even then you will only be able to work a maximum of 20 hours per week (I think), you will not be allowed to work and would be constitued as a criminal offence if you did. So ensure that your visa confirms your ability to work.

Yeah, I actually confirmed that from the embassy. I haven't done my visa yet (too early) but they did state that 20 hours is the maximum that I can work. I'm not so worried about it, though. I don't think an overwhelming majority of people even work that much a week when they go to university at the same time. Otherwise you'll will burn up, but honestly all the money I need is for the food.

What's the minimum wage right now?

Ohayoou gozaimasu Radomu,

The minimum wage is £5.93 per hour if you are 21 or over, or if £4.92 per hour if you are aged 18-20.

Although the job market isn't thriving at the moment, I imagine you should be able to find a part-time kitchen job quite easily.

Ellie