Dentist phobia

I suffer to a certain extent. I have recently plucked up the courage to go to a new dentist... for first time in ages. I know I need a few fillings, but if I don't go now it will only get worse. They may have to sedate :evil:

Where in Sheffield can you have sedation, and will they take more clients on? Thanks.

The two NHS surgeries that do sedation (that I know of other than CC's) are at Firth Park and one at Heeley.

If you can register with a dentist (any) then they can refer you to one of these two clinics who will the do an assesment and perform and necessary work.

I registered at Limbrick Road (having used their services - not dental - previously) and it took nearly 18 months from registration through to work completion (due to the need for referral and other checks into your health, then you have to wait for a slot to become available).

Was still a bit "twitchy" in the waiting room and whilst awaiting sedation in "the chair", but that's only to be expected.

I sympathise, I have a massive phobia of dentists. I went to charles clifford and explained how scared I was and they sedated me for work doing.

I went to charles clifford 9 years ago..and havent been to a dentist since... absolutely horrible put me off completely. especially as there was nothing wrong with my teeth just had too many!

The two NHS surgeries that do sedation (that I know of other than CC's) are at Firth Park and one at Heeley.

If you can register with a dentist (any) then they can refer you to one of these two clinics who will the do an assesment and perform and necessary work.

I registered at Limbrick Road (having used their services - not dental - previously) and it took nearly 18 months from registration through to work completion (due to the need for referral and other checks into your health, then you have to wait for a slot to become available).

Was still a bit "twitchy" in the waiting room and whilst awaiting sedation in "the chair", but that's only to be expected.

That's me whacked. Thank you for that. Think I'm going to get tanked up before entering the chair next.

I went to charles clifford 9 years ago..and havent been to a dentist since... absolutely horrible put me off completely. especially as there was nothing wrong with my teeth just had too many!

How many do you have? I just counted mine, but lost count due to Bernard phoning me again.

I was petrified but eventually plucked up courage to go had to have some extractions and although I was a nevous wreck the waiting was much worse than the treatment.Still get really nervous now but really pleased that I have almost conquered my fear

I was petrified but eventually plucked up courage to go had to have some extractions and although I was a nevous wreck the waiting was much worse than the treatment.Still get really nervous now but really pleased that I have almost conquered my fear

Good for you, how many teeth did you have out?

most of the upper teeth but at least I can smile now without feeling self concious even had to go for a filling last week still a few days of panic but it had to be done have to go back for another one soon

most of the upper teeth but at least I can smile now without feeling self concious even had to go for a filling last week still a few days of panic but it had to be done have to go back for another one soon

Did they put any back? Smiling without teeth is scary too.

Yes they did thank goodness although I can take them out myself now.I hope anybody suffering can find the courage to go most dentists are sympathetic.