Advice needed on minature Daschund

Yey Ive managed to put them on!! Im feeding her pouches which is what she has always had! xx

It's saying your pic's are private. Some great advice from Adz thought could not better that,not sure about the wind could be the food.

Ive changed it now so that its public hopefully :) yours are absolutly adorable! xx

What a little princess, i can see the sad face when you make her sit on the sofa on a blanket, she looks much happier on your lap. Get used to it cos we always end up falling for that sad face when they don't get there own way.

ha ha she is now sat on my partners lap my step son keeps trying to get her to sit with him and she is having none of it, she is a proper little madam! I also do agree with you that the advice off Adz is great! :thumbsup:, we have just been outside again and she hasn't done anything.

She has taken a real shine to my partner and wont sit with anyone else, she keeps jumping up sitting on his lap and hiding her face in his legs! the barking has started, she keeps yapping at every unfamiliar sound. Im really happy that I have had the privilage to have been given her, Im a very lucky lady :D

x

Yey Ive managed to put them on!! Im feeding her pouches which is what she has always had! xx

That may explain the wind!:hihi: Most tinned/pouches of meat contain lots of nasties that make them trump and poo for england (and horrible runny ones too! :gag:)

Good quality biscuits such as Royal Canin, James Wellbeloved or Burns should reduce the smell and be much better for her, or you could look into BARF feeding :)

We have 6 dogs all fed on BARF, each new one (as 5 are rescue) that has come along has been fed on some sort of poor quality food (usually Bakers :gag:) and have absoloutley stank the house out with all the trumping, horrible sloppy cow pats and poor coats. They hardly trump at all now, have good firm poos that makes pooper scopping much better and everyone comments on how glossy their coats are :) They're all a lot less hyperactive too as they are all high energy breeds and it really has made a difference.

She looks absoloutley gorgeous by the way :love:, hope someone can give you some good advice about the house training :)

What is BARF? also so they sell the others in mainstream shops as I need to try her on something else because her trumps are becoming unbearable now, I was also wondering if anybody has any suggestions on pet insurance not sure where to go and whats the best as Ive never had to have it before! Thanks everyone for the advice :) x

BARF is raw feeding i personally wouldn't recommend it for a little dog you are just getting used to i think you need to know her better first.

I would start by feeding a good quality complete dry food like James wellbeloved, burns, wainwrights or something along those lines. Please avoid things like bakers, pedigree and winalot. They contain lots of additives and preservatives and all kinds of undisclosed things. You could always add some nature diet, sardines, tuna or something along those linesif she won't eat it at first. See how you go with the wind after that.

Probiotics are good for helping tummies my Albert dog used to have yakult and it really helped his gut but to be honest a good decent dry food will probably cure everything.

BARF is something you need to research and look into as you are providing your dog with all the different elements required in there diet where as a complete in theory does it for you. Get to know your dog and there ways and then consider feeding something a bit more natural. Good luck

I feed mine James wellbeloved, i tried lots of thing's to start with but i have one who get's bad skin (dry and itchy) and out of all the ones i tried this seem's to be the best one for them. I do add sardines in oil or chicken or what ever i have that day just to stop them getting bored with it. One of them has to have his on the other side of the gate to the rest though or he just eat's all the best bit's out of all the others an he is a bit over weight.

BARF is something you need to research and look into as you are providing your dog with all the different elements required in there diet where as a complete in theory does it for you. Get to know your dog and there ways and then consider feeding something a bit more natural. Good luck

How are you going with the BARF? Was it successful in the end or did Miss T decide it was not for her?

How are you going with the BARF? Was it successful in the end or did Miss T decide it was not for her?

hmmm it did not go well she starved herself for 3 days and would literally lick it and walk away I tried heating it, adding veg and rice even cheese. I had to give in and she is eating her complete normally again. She hasn't got enough weight on her to let her go any longer the silly mare :D

So we failed :roll:

hmmm it did not go well she starved herself for 3 days and would literally lick it and walk away I tried heating it, adding veg and rice even cheese. I had to give in and she is eating her complete normally again. She hasn't got enough weight on her to let her go any longer the silly mare :D

So we failed :roll:

Not a fail :hihi: you have to try things out and do whatever suits them best :) It's not for all dogs or people. D would starve himself rather than eat dried dog food that was one of the reasons we changed as I don't trust the stuff they put in cans :hihi: They apparently tried at the RSPCA to get him to eat dried and they failed too, they had to give him canned food there and he was a really skinny thing!

Fussy eaters these dogs :)