How to make it as a dj? :)

No mate! Haha

Do yourself a favour and sell all your equipment, get a sex change and get some massive norks and hump a premiership footballer. Or get Jordan to rut with you.

Err yeah, thanks??

Err yeah, thanks??
The point i'm trying to make is to be a good DJ you need two things.

Firstly you need to love music.

Secondly you need to want to share that love with other people.

If you don't love music you won't ever be a good DJ. If you don't want to share it theres no point being a DJ.

You need to search out records that have been missed or ignored. You need to hear things that other people disregard and you need to love it. You need to be able to make a whole room of full of people listen to records they wouldn't otherwise listen to and to love them.

Wanting to be famous or whatever is a crap reason to be a DJ, in fact its the worst reason to be a DJ. The DJ is not the focus of the night and anyone who tells you different doesn't understand what DJing is. The DJ is merely there to direct and react to a crowd. Without a crowd a DJ is just a sad person in a room playing records. Check your ego at the door, get behind the decks and think to yourself how can I give these people the best night I possibly can. If you aren't doing that then you aren't a DJ. You're a wannabe.

The point i'm trying to make is to be a good DJ you need two things.

Firstly you need to love music.

Secondly you need to want to share that love with other people.

If you don't love music you won't ever be a good DJ. If you don't want to share it theres no point being a DJ.

You need to search out records that have been missed or ignored. You need to hear things that other people disregard and you need to love it. You need to be able to make a whole room of full of people listen to records they wouldn't otherwise listen to and to love them.

Wanting to be famous or whatever is a crap reason to be a DJ, in fact its the worst reason to be a DJ. The DJ is not the focus of the night and anyone who tells you different doesn't understand what DJing is. The DJ is merely there to direct and react to a crowd. Without a crowd a DJ is just a sad person in a room playing records. Check your ego at the door, get behind the decks and think to yourself how can I give these people the best night I possibly can. If you aren't doing that then you aren't a DJ. You're a wannabe.

Top post, and you would do well to take this advice or forget about it all together, too many muppets seem to call themselves dj's these days because they have a pair of beltdrives and 100 records or a laptop and a load of faceless rip off downloads (I even know of some so called dj's who rip tunes from other peoples mix cds and use them to mix with because they are basically retards)

Trouble is these days there is far too much dissposable crap-average stuff due to how easy it is to get your stuff out there, one of the key parts to djing is hunting down great tracks, there are 1000's of amazing pieces of music out there that 99% of people have never heard and probably never will.

Its not all about smashing anthems while doing oakenfold god poses while some coked up slapper sucks your Jimmy, if thats what you want you will never be a DJ (not saying you cant have that as well tho, if your really really **** hot ;)

discodown yeah i get what ur sayin, i suppose i come across the wrong way. what i meant by my 15 min of fame was that to get gigs my name needs to be out there. yeah i may be a wannabe now but im doing all i can. i must be doin something right i have my own online radio that has regular viewer. my cds are on itunes. if you read my first post it started as a hobby. of course i love music of course i want to let people hear my music, im not just in it for the money/fame/women. i got my woman. i dnt appreciate the flaming you dont know me.ive worked hard to get where im at and will continue to do so...

Used to do this a few years ago to the student crowd (residency down at the union, parties etc), played proper vinyl, never made any money (was always buying records or equipment) but had a good time and its a really nice feeling to perform in front of a crowd.

I believe DJ's are going laptop now so its changed a bit. I would say to make it a proper profession you need total dedication (practice every day!) and a love for music. I would also recommend producing your own tunes to get your name out.

Get your CD out to venues and get into social media (facebook etc)- look at groups to join or start your own and get some fans and a following..good luck.

thanks for the positive reply.... yeah most dj's are using laptop,i find using both is better. the practicing isnt a worry im always working on my mixing.im going to start uploading my mixes tosoundcloud but as ive said my adio station is goin quite well!!!

sweet, you got a link? when do you air?

Produce music, make a name for yourself and be successful with it and DJing gigs will come with that.

discodown yeah i get what ur sayin, i suppose i come across the wrong way. what i meant by my 15 min of fame was that to get gigs my name needs to be out there. yeah i may be a wannabe now but im doing all i can. i must be doin something right i have my own online radio that has regular viewer. my cds are on itunes. if you read my first post it started as a hobby. of course i love music of course i want to let people hear my music, im not just in it for the money/fame/women. i got my woman. i dnt appreciate the flaming you dont know me.ive worked hard to get where im at and will continue to do so...
I'm not flaming you. I'm giving you honest truthful advice. I don't know you so why would I flame you? But saying you want 15 minutes of fame makes you sound like Peaches Geldof.

Next thing is we need to hear a mix. What do you sound like?