Witnessed a mugging last night.

It was in the Bramall Lane underpass. Two blokes mugging another bloke. I wanted to try and help but they were both large blokes and I'm only 5'4" so I scarpered and rang 999. I heard them hitting him and shouting at him. I did go back soon after to try and help the injured victim but he was gone. When I was first entering the underpass there was another bloke with me but he legged it. Would have been useful to get his description of the muggers to try and help the police. I felt awful for not trying to help him but they could have been tooled up and I'd have likely only taken a beating myself and then I couldn't have done anything.

Just a warning, really. Don't use the underpass at night. These scumbags will probably be waiting to assault you and relieve you of your belongings. They were both of Asian ethnicity, wearing hooded tops and one had a bike. I hate that people do things like this to others.

Oh how terrible. What a horrible thing to witness. You did the right thing by calling the police. I would have done the same in your shoes

Well done for calling the police and going back to check on the victim - some people wouldn't have even bothered to do that. Bramall Lane & Ecclesall Road (Waitrose) underpasses have been a muggers paradise for years. Too many drunken students returning home late at night make easy pickings.

CCTV is needed down there.

Just for once I wish these muggers would pick on a martial arts expert of some sort and end up regretting their life of crime.

Thieving scum.

Two lads attacked my other half and his mate on the Ecclesall Road underpass on new years eve eve. Myself and OH mates girlfriend were walking in front of them and the lads started shouting at us first but we ignored them so they turned on our OH's and mugged one of them and launched a very visious attack, which landed him in hospital.

The discription above matches the lads that attacked us but is vague and luckily my OH was able to give the police a good discription but dread to think what would have happen if the head injury was worse.

Saying that, we have walked that way on many occasions in the past and this was the first incident. Needless to say we will be avoiding that route in the future, but it is very diffiult to circumnavigate the bottom of eccie road on foot without going under there.

Agree with the comments on CCTV as there was none in the area adjacent to the substation were it happen.

It was in the Bramall Lane underpass. Two blokes mugging another bloke. I wanted to try and help but they were both large blokes and I'm only 5'4" so I scarpered and rang 999. I heard them hitting him and shouting at him. I did go back soon after to try and help the injured victim but he was gone. When I was first entering the underpass there was another bloke with me but he legged it. Would have been useful to get his description of the muggers to try and help the police. I felt awful for not trying to help him but they could have been tooled up and I'd have likely only taken a beating myself and then I couldn't have done anything.

Just a warning, really. Don't use the underpass at night. These scumbags will probably be waiting to assault you and relieve you of your belongings. They were both of Asian ethnicity, wearing hooded tops and one had a bike. I hate that people do things like this to others.

you did the right thing calling the police.well done for going back and checking the person was ok a lot of others wouldnt have done that.

lets hope they catch the scumbags!

I think you did the best you could in the circumstances.

Just for once I wish these muggers would pick on a martial arts expert of some sort and end up regretting their life of crime.

Thieving scum.

unfortunatly if the martial arts expert was to use excessive force then it would be him/her in court.

Just to echo what others have said, you did the right thing- I dont think you could have stopped anything if you had intervened- when people have, they have got hurt or killed so definately did right to call the police. Hope the bloke it ok- does anyone know anything.

Makes you stop and think. I really dont know why but I always used to use that underpass at night after finishing work and thought it was ok. Silly now I think about it. I suppose you never think its going to happen to you. Being mugged must be awful.

What time? I walked through there about 8:45pm.

I don't think I noticed anything sus though. Just me and another guy walking through and a cyclist.

unfortunatly if the martial arts expert was to use excessive force then it would be him/her in court.

that happened to a friend of mine and your right on that one

my son was mugged there last year, in broad daylight. It was about half 3 in the afternoon. he is a uni student, lived in sheffield all his life and scum mugged him. hope they get theirs, karma a great thing. if i knew who they were I would cut them up bit by bit, and happily do that for what they did to my son. luckily he is a great lad with a great outlook and has not let it get to him. proud of him for not letting scum get him down. may be ranting but im still angry about what happened. my son has never done anything to harm anyone and these lowlifes robbed him just for a phone.