Car Customisation

Thanks guys, lots of sound advice there!

I think I'll leave it as it is reading the responses, its only done 50,000 and i'm almost at the point where I have enough saved up to look at buying my first new car! (I'm only 20 before you all laugh!)

Maybe in the future I will do an older car up as a hobby and for pleasure, but until then I think it is more sensible to use the expense as my deposit on a new one.

Cheers again, Jon

<<<I'm only 20 before you all laugh!>>>

No, far from it, I don't think any of us are laughing. Smiling, maybe, now knowing your age, but you have been sensible to have asked before committing yourself. There are a lot of folks on forums like this who have been there, done it and got the sweaty tee shirt. Start with something cheap, have a play, and welcome to the learning curve (which we are all still on!)

i'm almost at the point where I have enough saved up to look at buying my first new car! (I'm only 20 before you all laugh!)

Think seriously before you buy a brand new car. It's well worth looking for one that's 1-3 years old so that someone else has lost thousands in depreciation before you buy it. You'll be able to find one that's still in near-perfect condition if you look hard enough, and much better cars will be available for the same money.

Thanks guys, lots of sound advice there!

I think I'll leave it as it is reading the responses, its only done 50,000 and i'm almost at the point where I have enough saved up to look at buying my first new car! (I'm only 20 before you all laugh!)

Maybe in the future I will do an older car up as a hobby and for pleasure, but until then I think it is more sensible to use the expense as my deposit on a new one.

Cheers again, Jon

Excellent descision! ... don't buy a brand new one though, go for one a couple of years old! ... good luck! :)

Thanks people, now there is whole new dilemma on the cards, I assumed going for a new one was the best option?!

I have seen the volvo c30 at 20k, with deposit of 5k and payments of £358 totalling 23k after 4 years. They also say at least a value of £6500 at the end of the finance. (roughly speaking) No good?

Edited by terrellmyers

Buy nearly new, not brand new. If you buy brand new you might as well throw a huge wad of notes out the window as you leave the showroom.

for resale value mate i would suggest a full professional detail, not only do they help retain value but in some cases increase value, a resale detail includes the minimum of an enhancement detail (correction detail optional) and an interior detail, this will make sure that the outside is looking like it never has before and the interior how it should, you could also add an engine detail, this will certainly make the car look like you have cared for it and attract more buyers....as regards a new car i would also suggest a pre purchase inspection where you will find out all you need regarding paintwork, whether it has had any repairs that have not been mentioned which could give you a bit of ammunition for bartering the price down or even make you aware that the car is not what it seems...

I provide all the above so please feel free to visit my website and have a look around...

:hihi:

For some reason by brother stands by Fiat, each to there own. :loopy:

Stands by it waiting for the AA man to arrive?

mate, im with you on this, and when you come to sell it, sell it on pistionheads or something simular. but i reckon if youre not going hardcore modifying with it, i would stick some nice wheels that arnt too big or that stand out from the car.. as it is a european car its better to be subtle and smooth with the styling. if you google euro cars you will see what i mean. hopefully with you adding parts to it, youll get addicted and wont stop doing it to every car you buy haha.

Best mod for any car to separate it from the rest is a nice set of wheels, Get on ebay and try to find some second hand good quality ones. You will never get your money back on mods but you will always get your money back on alloys. Put em on while you have it and remove them and refit the original when you sell it.

Rx7 without wheels

Mazda-rx7-3rd-generation01.jpg

Rx7 with wheels

rx7_7_1.jpg

see the difference, Ignore that it has a spoiler ;)