Whats the best diesel 4x4?

What have people got against land rovers?

They believe everything that the government tells them, that 4x4's are the sole reason trees die and polar bears croak it.

It's obviously nothing to do with the fact that the government treat people like mushrooms (keep them in the dark and feed them s**t) so they can tax the hell out of braindeads who go along with anything they tell them.

Mind control, it's an amazing thing when done correctly..

What have people got against land rovers?they are the original and still beat the wannabe 4x4 from the other car makers like BMW & Mercedes every time

I've nothinmg against Land Rovers at all....i think it's a crying shame that the reliability and economy is not up there with their rivals.

The original poster stipulated that that was required from the vehicle so I am not trying to shoot down the benefits of the LR, but just say in this instance that it doesn't fit the bill.

I try to support British manufacturing where ever i can, but the fact is that most of their owners(Land Rover) do not have happy experiences with the reliability & costs inolved.....according to most consumer surveys.

As for being the 'original' .....that depends which 'original' you mean? 4wd box cabin go anywhere vehicle????....i would say the original was the Willys Jeep. The Long Range Desert Group (the forrunner which turned into the modern SAS) used these under Captain David Sterling in the desert in 1941 to do hit & run missions on German targets in the North African Desert......unfortunatly NOT Land Rovers!

In the interests of fairness......As you can see from my previous posts I am a Subaru fan but wouldn't recommend them to the OP for economy unless you've got 20k to spend on a new Boxer engined diesel. 25mpg is the best you'll get the unturbo'd petrols (around town) and possibly 20 mpg from the turbos (around town) but you will be getting between 225-300 bhp for that from the turbo models.

Edited by Bedders

we have discovery 2 td5 its a really good motor this is the 3rd one just got newer one each time cant falt them we have had the 200 tdi 300 tdi and now the td5

What have people got against land rovers?

the are the original and still beat the wannabe 4x4 from the other car makers like BMW & Mercedes every time

well said you see more wana be 4x4 stuckthen you do normal car get land rover

Difficult to answer properly without more details from the OP. For normal town work but not wanting to go with something massive I'd suggest a Toyota Rav4.